Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old September 7th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I think CC will have to look at that once he gets a chance to check out this thread. He's far more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am so I'm not positive of the best approach to fix it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Demonetrigan

Old September 8th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
I think CC will have to look at that once he gets a chance to check out this thread. He's far more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am so I'm not positive of the best approach to fix it.
I think the simplest fix would be to remove the bootstrap rule, and then set the valid powers list for each of the deities. Then just let the player choose the signature power from the list as one of their 3 starting powers
Demonetrigan is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 8th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Yeah. Although you could also set multiple AB: Miracles, one for each diety or power as appropriate. I do wonder if it's correct behavior for the program to act the way it is in this situation, though. It could be we're looking at a potential bug which may be something CC can fix if it is. His method here might be something I'd like to use in some other setting files, but not if it's going to make whatever I bootstrap that way not work correctly elsewhere.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Demonetrigan

Old September 16th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Yeah. Although you could also set multiple AB: Miracles, one for each diety or power as appropriate. I do wonder if it's correct behavior for the program to act the way it is in this situation, though. It could be we're looking at a potential bug which may be something CC can fix if it is. His method here might be something I'd like to use in some other setting files, but not if it's going to make whatever I bootstrap that way not work correctly elsewhere.
Well I removed all the bootstraps next to the AB:Miracles edge and although that gives me a bunch of errors when i open the portfolio it does now let me select any of the powers as norml.

Mike
Demonetrigan is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 16th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Can I get a summary of what's up, or is it complex enough that I need to go through all three pages of this?

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old September 16th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I'm the one that wrote the Hellfrost file...

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 16th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I would guess the errors were from stuff that was originally bootstrapped that was made invalid when you removed those things. Still, I like the idea of what I think he was trying to do there. I just wonder why it wasn't quite working right.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 16th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Caped, I think if you start around post #12 those few posts there probably cover the gist of it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old September 16th, 2013, 07:28 PM
OK, I read it anyway. Which Deities are missing powers? The ones with Healing?

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 16th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Demonetrigan would be more familiar with that. Even so I am kind of wondering if there isn't something strange going on there. It seemed like you have the bootstraps set on the powers instead of on the deities but doing so then seemed to preclude the use of that power. It just seemed like it wasn't working right to me, but I'm not positive what you were trying to do, either.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #30 Reply With Quote