Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 9th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Hellfrost update... PM me.
CapedCrusader is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Demonetrigan

Old September 5th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Many thanks, got the files. Can these be edited directly as i have spotted a couple of minor errors in the miracles powers for the deities, and where do we provide that feedback?

thanks,
Demonetrigan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 5th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I can't speak to the feedback part (probably here or in a PM to CC) but you can definitely edit the files directly. They should be in your data directory (mine is at C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\savage) all starting with the name "Hellfrost" and ending in ".user". It's probably easiest just to edit them in the built-in Editor from in Hero Lab (Tools -> Launch Editor) but you could also just edit them with a text editor, or better yet and XML editor, if you really wanted. The latter can be easier for some things (usually doing global search and/or replace operations in the file) but the main Hero Lab Editor is probably easier to work with overall.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Demonetrigan

Old September 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Yep, wondered about that as I have not really played with the editor. Thanks,
Demonetrigan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 5th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Demonetrigan, if you're looking to poke around the Editor, check out the "Help" Menu, as there are a few tutorials.
liz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Demonetrigan

Old September 5th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Demonetrigan, if you're looking to poke around the Editor, check out the "Help" Menu, as there are a few tutorials.
thanks, problem is that I can't see where exactly a Deity is created to be selected.
Demonetrigan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 5th, 2013, 02:07 PM
They are in the Hellfrost Deities.user file and on the "Faction" Tab, I believe.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Demonetrigan

Old September 6th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
They are in the Hellfrost Deities.user file and on the "Faction" Tab, I believe.
yep, now just to figure out how you link powers to deities unfortunately Scaetha should have access to healing as a power but instead has access to greater healing which is restricted to only one deity.
Demonetrigan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 6th, 2013, 07:33 AM
If you are using the editor there should be a "Valid Powers" button on them. That should be what you need.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Demonetrigan

Old September 6th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonetrigan View Post
yep, now just to figure out how you link powers to deities unfortunately Scaetha should have access to healing as a power but instead has access to greater healing which is restricted to only one deity.
Actually now I've looked at it, it seems that none of the deities that should have access to healing as a power can select it. Healing does not appear in the list of available powers to select from under the Arcana tab. However if you select the Deity that gets Healing as the signature power then that works, so it is in the data but not appearing correctly in the deity power lists.
Demonetrigan is offline   #10 Reply With Quote