Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lochiel

Old December 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Sorry if these have been asked already. I tried the search engine for some of these and I've dug through the archives, and didn't see anything that appeared to answer the questions. Also, I'm not at the computer that I've got HeroLabs on, so I may have some typos in names and IDs. I'll correct them tonight.

I'm using the DDI downloader, but without a subscription. I'm enjoying digging around inside the files, so it's cool. I've been using both the HLEditor, and an XML editor.

1) How do I give a class the "Channel Divinity" feature?
When editing a power, you can have it require "Channel Divinity". the ID of Diving Chanelling appears to be "ChanDiv1", however, I cannot find anything with an ID of "ChanDiv1". I have created a class feature with ID="ChanDiv1", but that didn't help. I then created a power with ID="ChanDiv1" and had the class bootstrap it. Still no luck.

2) If I create a custom armor to replace an existing armor, equipping it tells me that I've got two armors equiped.
Pretty much what it says on the box. If I create a custom armor, say Link Armor, ID=LinkAr and have it replace ID=ChainAr, when I equip the custom armor it'll give me a warning saying that I'm wearing two armors. The work around is to just adjust ID=ChainAr, but I feel that is breaking standard, and it makes me grumpy. (Just to clairify, I'm trying to replace chainmail armor, which chainmail armor that has stats)

3) Can I edit the print out format?
I haven't taken a good look at the print outs yet, but I can already see one thing I'll want to fix. There is a Psion field that is overlapping another field; that needs to go. Or at least get moved. Additionally, I'm sure I'm going to want to make tweaks to things, cause that's how I roll. Is it possible? Where would I start?

4) How come no one has ever edited the wiki
It's from 2009 and it's got no info.

Last edited by Lochiel; December 28th, 2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Edit: Corrected ID's and spelling
Lochiel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote