Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

greyseerco

Old November 26th, 2013, 07:22 AM
So I am trying to figure out how to Add Equipment and Dangers
Home Tab> Click on the Mechanics Reference Icon
Click on the + next to Dangers
Get message:
Choose a Category
To create a topic in this family, first choose its category. A category more specifically defines what kind of topic this is within the family.

I saw the post that Family is a "new feature" under consideration, but how do I create this link between a Category and Family?

Do I need create a Category - let's say Monsters and then link it to the Danger's Family?

I tried using the Manage Tab> Categories Icon to build something but I could not figure out how to do the linkage correctly.

So any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
greyseerco is offline   #1
Cornelius

Old November 27th, 2013, 05:04 AM
As far as I can tell are the simple grouping (or family) predefined. A category can be linked to a simple grouping through the manage tab>categories. Next to the name of the category , abbreviation, icon, identifier is the simple grouping option.

You could also create a category called Dangers and then as a subcategory make the Monsters category. You can create this as follows:
Create the category Dangers. (+ at the top of the list on the left).

After creating the category you can use the general tasks option next to the category name in the list to create a subcategory.

Hope that this helps.
Cornelius is offline   #2
greyseerco

Old November 27th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Thank you Cornelius, that makes sense if I wanted to build my own Categories.

But does that mean that the Family items that are on the Mechanics Reference "page" are just place holders for something else in the future?
greyseerco is offline   #3
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 30th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyseerco View Post
But does that mean that the Family items that are on the Mechanics Reference "page" are just place holders for something else in the future?
Yes. The purpose of the Mechanics Reference view is for reference material, such as game rules and the like. The various categories used for articles in this view will vary from game system to game system, and even the structure of a category with a given name may vary (think of "Class" across the various editions of D&D). Consequently, there is no fixed set of categories that makes sense for us to pre-define. However, they will all slot into the general groupings that we have defined.
rob is offline   #4