Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Gauthok

Old October 11th, 2018, 10:10 PM
I'm getting a mysterious untyped bonus to natural attacks when I add a spell adjustment for Monstrous Physique I and Alter Self. No idea where it is coming from. Anyone else encountered something like this?
Attached Files
File Type: email Radcliffe Emerson 7th lvl.por (304.1 KB, 6 views)
Gauthok is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old October 12th, 2018, 02:32 AM
I don't see any untyped bonus.
I see the unarmed strike increases by +1 attack when either of the adjustments is activated (Alter Self Trog, Monst Ph Gargoyle) - from your strength increasing by 2 points. I can't see why you have a +1 natural attack (ie magical enhancement) though.
I don't have all the sources that you have active so I may be missing something as a result.
Try turning things off, or deactivating items/adjustments to see if you can find what happening, or submit a bug report with a copy of the portfolio.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gauthok

Old October 14th, 2018, 10:51 AM
Here's what I'm seeing:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...qKdMJ0IiCsTFqd
Gauthok is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Gauthok

Old October 14th, 2018, 11:51 AM
I just tried it on a completely new file, and I think it's a bug in Monstrous Physique I
Attached Images
File Type: png Deathsnatcher error 2.PNG (42.0 KB, 1 views)
Attached Files
File Type: email Zen Archer.por (49.1 KB, 1 views)
Gauthok is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 14th, 2018, 01:12 PM
It is a specific modifier added by Deathsnatcher, since choosing another form for monstrous physique doesn't add the +4 untyped bonus.

It is the "Greater Magic Weapon" effect that is being applied directly by the race (caster level/4), since it is a "constant" effect, based on the race's spell-like ability caster level of 18. (It affects both attack and damage.)

It is probably a bug that it is automatically granting this ability when you choose this race for polymorph, since I don't think you are supposed to get the spell-like abilities of the form you are taking.

Note that the script for the race makes reference to "greater magic fang", even though the official published race has a constant "greater magic weapon" active which of course, can't be applied to natural weapons.

The script is also applying it as an "untyped" bonus, when both the magic fang and magic weapon spells provide an "enhancement" bonus to the weapons.

The script is also permanently providing a "Shield of Faith" effect (deflection bonus to AC), based on the hero's hit dice (HD/6+2, max 5).

(All this is done in eval script #2 on the rDeathsnatcher race in Bestiary 6.)

It also looks like an innate skill bonus of +19 is being applied to various skills (eval script #1), but this isn't coming across as part of your polymorph.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; October 14th, 2018 at 02:03 PM.
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 14th, 2018, 01:47 PM
P.S. Don't forget that you can have only one polymorph effect on you at a time by RAW, so choose either Alter Self or Monstrous Physique. But then I tried switching both on and HL gives this warning anyway

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 14th, 2018, 01:53 PM
In your original POR file, when you enable Monstrous Physique I (Gargoyle), it is still activating the bonus from the Deathsnatcher race, even though you haven't enabled that version of the spell adjustment. This is probably a separate bug, related to the implementation of the "Monstrous Physique 1" spell adjustment.

You can see this for yourself...
Turn on the "Monstrous Physique I (Gargoyle)" spell adjustment.
From the Develop menu, tick "Enable Data File Debugging".
Right click on an affected weapon attack and choose "Show Debug Field Histories...".
Scroll down the entries in the window and look for a "4" in the Value column.
You will find it in the row where the Id column contains atmBonus.
If you look in the "From Task" column of that row you will see that it says "Final Phase/1000 - Eval script 2 (thing) - on pick Deathsnatcher (rDeathsnat)"

Farling

Last edited by Farling; October 14th, 2018 at 01:59 PM.
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Gauthok

Old October 14th, 2018, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the help! I submitted a bug report for this one since everything seemed to be pointing that way already.
Gauthok is offline   #8 Reply With Quote