Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Krothos

Old December 31st, 2017, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Added a new adjustment called "Class, Favored Class Bonus" which will let you choose a second FCB to gain a bonus in each level.

Also added new adjustment called "Class, Favored Class Bonus Adjust" that will let you increase/decrease the the amount of bonus a FCB gives.
I must say this.... SC, YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Thank you!
Krothos is offline   #1471 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old January 1st, 2018, 05:14 PM
Is there still an adjustment that adds an inherent typed bonus to ability scores? I couldn't find any on a cursory search.
Quintain is offline   #1472 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 1st, 2018, 07:46 PM
I used to be able to find the inherent adjustment to ability scores. It seems to have been gone for a while now, so I just do a permanent adjustment and in the field below note to myself that it is an inherent bonus.
Ualaa is offline   #1473 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old January 1st, 2018, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
I used to be able to find the inherent adjustment to ability scores. It seems to have been gone for a while now, so I just do a permanent adjustment and in the field below note to myself that it is an inherent bonus.
Yeah, same, but the permanent bonus stacks with the inherent bonus provided by the Abyssal Bloodline.
Quintain is offline   #1474 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 2nd, 2018, 04:10 AM
In that case, we have to manually be aware of the bonuses, instead of hero lab catching the stacking of bonuses for us.
Ualaa is offline   #1475 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old January 2nd, 2018, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Is there still an adjustment that adds an inherent typed bonus to ability scores? I couldn't find any on a cursory search.
Yes. Search for "Ability" to narrow down the list. (At least, there is on the iPad version; I rarely use the desktop application.)
Azhrei is offline   #1476 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 2nd, 2018, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Yeah, same, but the permanent bonus stacks with the inherent bonus provided by the Abyssal Bloodline.
That would be a debate if a inherent should not stack. Because a inherent bonuses is the same as actually forever increasing an ability score. This is why a WISH spell gives inherent bonuses and it can't not be dispelled or removed.

The only time they would not stack is if they the specific case where a spell/thing says it can only stack up to +5. This is then solved by using different adjustments to give the perm bonuses.

But if coming from two different sources I say they stack. The additional problem is I am pretty sure that HL does not have inherent as a bonus type. Which is why you can't find anything to give that specific bonus because it can't be tracked.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1477 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old January 2nd, 2018, 04:05 PM
Quote:
That would be a debate if a inherent should not stack. Because a inherent bonuses is the same as actually forever increasing an ability score. This is why a WISH spell gives inherent bonuses and it can't not be dispelled or removed.

The only time they would not stack is if they the specific case where a spell/thing says it can only stack up to +5. This is then solved by using different adjustments to give the perm bonuses.

But if coming from two different sources I say they stack. The additional problem is I am pretty sure that HL does not have inherent as a bonus type. Which is why you can't find anything to give that specific bonus because it can't be tracked.
Given they are bonuses of the same type, by general rule, they don't stack.

There is also this text in the Wish itself:

Quote:
Note: An inherent bonus may not exceed +5 for a single ability score, and inherent bonuses to a particular ability score do not stack, so only the best one applies."
So, whole the abyssal bloodline allows for the break in the maximum value allowed for an inherent bonus, it still follows the normal bonus stacking rules.
Quintain is offline   #1478 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 2nd, 2018, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Given they are bonuses of the same type, by general rule, they don't stack.

There is also this text in the Wish itself:

So, whole the abyssal bloodline allows for the break in the maximum value allowed for an inherent bonus, it still follows the normal bonus stacking rules.
Well the biggest issue is that nothing else I can find in HL is applying only the max value to the Inherent Bonus field. This includes your abyssal bloodline.

So even if I enhance the ability score adjustment to give a Inherent Bonus type Abyssal Bloodline will stack with it. Guess you can put in a bug report about that.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1479 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old January 2nd, 2018, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Well the biggest issue is that nothing else I can find in HL is applying only the max value to the Inherent Bonus field. This includes your abyssal bloodline.

So even if I enhance the ability score adjustment to give a Inherent Bonus type Abyssal Bloodline will stack with it. Guess you can put in a bug report about that.
Well, yeah, I suspect that this is the case due to the way inherent bonuses are applied: only two sources that I know of, and one is iterative (Wishes), and the other is the Abyssal bloodline. So, HL probably leaves the rule compliance to the DM/player.
Quintain is offline   #1480 Reply With Quote