Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kaymanklynman

Old November 8th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I just paid 29.99 for the pathfinder/herolab , and when i was going to use the program i realised that i must pay more for the other books ( like APG, UC , UM , BESTIARY etc..) . This is realy annoying.
Or i am making something wrong?
kaymanklynman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Due to the volume of content, it generally takes us 1+ months of work on our end to get material from books like the APG, Ultimate Combat, Bestiary, etc added. Without charging for those packages separately, it simply wouldn't be economical for us to add that content to Hero Lab, unless the core product was much more expensive than it is now.

We feel that the best alternative is to let users choose which packages they want to purchase, so that people are only paying for the content they use. That way you can get the core Pathfinder content to get started, and add other books as you need them. If you don't feel that the packages give you value for money, you're free to use Hero Lab's integrated editor to add the content yourself.

(FYI, when you purchase Hero Lab online, we clearly and prominently state which content is and is not included in the core data package for each game system - you need to read and click "OK" to it before you can even proceed to the second step of our order process.)
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kaymanklynman

Old November 8th, 2011, 02:41 PM
ok i understand your point and i already bought the whole thing(APG, UC, UM, B1 and 2) , but cost me a lot.

One question , is there a tool to pre generate the skills and feats ( because is annoying have to choose for my high level npc)?

Last edited by kaymanklynman; November 8th, 2011 at 02:47 PM.
kaymanklynman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Slywolfe

Old November 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Kayman,

I've bought nearly every expansion, and I've found it was WORTH EVERY PENNY. The time I've saved having it all on my laptop at sessions and on my desktop for DM'ing have been invaluable.

Once you get more familiar with the interface, you'll have NPC's knocked out in mere minutes no matter what level they are.

BIG thanks to all the devs for the best PnP PC tool to ever come to fruition.
Slywolfe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old November 8th, 2011, 06:02 PM
For high level chars you can choose them from the ones provided. just do an import from the Portfolio Menu - Import Stock Hero and just choose the one you want.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kaymanklynman

Old November 9th, 2011, 12:21 AM
thanks for all the replies, the program is indeed very usefull.
kaymanklynman is offline   #6 Reply With Quote