Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Bloodwolf

Old June 9th, 2020, 06:48 PM
Actually I think that I found them in the Ability Drain script. Well except the 6d6 tag.

And just to refresh my memory, size values are T=-2, S=-1, M=0, L=1, H=2, G=3, and C=4 correct?

Last edited by Bloodwolf; June 9th, 2020 at 07:00 PM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #961 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 10th, 2020, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
@Sendric I'm having trouble getting the natural weapon damages correct for the Fang Dragon. I was wondering. Could I take the normal Dragon Natural Weapons scripts and expand them to force the program to put the correct values in the correct spots? And if so what is the 2d6, 4d6, and 6d6 damage codes?
If you go to the weapons tab in the editor you can find all tags for every available damage dice. Select the preferred damage dice and look at the tag being assigned.

I'm not sure what you're asking about as far as modifying the Natural Weapons script. Are you asking if you can modify a script in the community files? If you have to do that to add the Fang Dragon please send me the affected files so I can add it in.

Last edited by Sendric; June 10th, 2020 at 04:13 AM.
Sendric is online now   #962 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 10th, 2020, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Actually I think that I found them in the Ability Drain script. Well except the 6d6 tag.

And just to refresh my memory, size values are T=-2, S=-1, M=0, L=1, H=2, G=3, and C=4 correct?
Probably? However, it's probably better to use tags for this. As with weapons, you can go to the race tab in the editor, select a size and look at the tags to see what's being assigned.
Sendric is online now   #963 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old June 10th, 2020, 02:59 PM
@Sendric Thanks I found them but the problem I ran into is that there is no 6d6 in the weapon damage list. Any idea where else to look for it?

What is happening is the Fang Dragon has a natural ability that allows its natural weapons to be considered one size category larger. So I am trying to figure out how to accomplish this. I tried just modifying the bootstraps for the dragon natural weapons ability but it didn't work right. Then I noticed that the actual script has some "hard" changed to specific damages. I'm thinking that I can just expand that script to change all of the damages. Can I email you the script for the bite and see what you think? I still have your email from years ago.

I'm thinking a basic if/then statement might work but the precreated script in the dragon natural weapon ability is different than a basic if/then so I'm not sure it will work.

Last edited by Bloodwolf; June 10th, 2020 at 04:24 PM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #964 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 11th, 2020, 11:19 AM
Quote:
@Sendric Thanks I found them but the problem I ran into is that there is no 6d6 in the weapon damage list. Any idea where else to look for it?

What is happening is the Fang Dragon has a natural ability that allows its natural weapons to be considered one size category larger. So I am trying to figure out how to accomplish this. I tried just modifying the bootstraps for the dragon natural weapons ability but it didn't work right. Then I noticed that the actual script has some "hard" changed to specific damages. I'm thinking that I can just expand that script to change all of the damages. Can I email you the script for the bite and see what you think? I still have your email from years ago.

I'm thinking a basic if/then statement might work but the precreated script in the dragon natural weapon ability is different than a basic if/then so I'm not sure it will work.
Add the tag Helper.DamageUp to the weapon.
Sendric is online now   #965 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old June 17th, 2020, 03:58 PM
Well it worked until I hit large size.

The normal dragon natural weapon damages are:
T__Bite: 1d4__Claws: 1d3__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
S__Bite: 1d6__Claws: 1d4__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
M__Bite: 1d8__Claws: 1d6__Wings: 1d4__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
L__Bite: 2d6__Claws: 1d8__Wings: 1d6__Tail Slap: 1d8__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
H__Bite: 2d8__Claws: 2d6__Wings: 1d8__Tail Slap: 2d6__Crush: 2d8__Tail Sweep: -
G__Bite: 4d6__Claws: 2d8__Wings: 2d6__Tail Slap: 2d8__Crush: 4d6__Tail Sweep: 2d6
C__Bite: 4d8__Claws: 4d6__Wings: 2d8__Tail Slap: 4d6__Crush: 4d8__Tail Sweep: 2d8

The Fang dragon natural weapon damages are:
T__Bite: 1d6__Claws: 1d4__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
S__Bite: 1d8__Claws: 1d6__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
M__Bite: 2d6__Claws: 1d8__Wings: 1d6__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
L__Bite: 2d8__Claws: 2d6__Wings: 1d8__Tail Slap: 2d6__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
H__Bite: 4d6__Claws: 2d8__Wings: 2d6__Tail Slap: 2d8__Crush: 4d6__Tail Sweep: -
G__Bite: 4d8__Claws: 4d6__Wings: 2d8__Tail Slap: 4d6__Crush: 4d8__Tail Sweep: 2d8
They don't get to Colossal.

The Fang dragon natural weapon damages are coming up as this with just the Helper.WeaponUp tag:
T__Bite: 1d6__Claws: 1d4__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
S__Bite: 1d8__Claws: 1d6__Wings: ---__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
M__Bite: 2d6__Claws: 1d8__Wings: 1d6__Tail Slap: ---__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
L__Bite: 3d6__Claws: 2d6__Wings: 1d8__Tail Slap: 2d6__Crush: ---__Tail Sweep: -
H__Bite: 2d10__Claws: 3d6__Wings: 2d6__Tail Slap: 3d6__Crush: 2d8__Tail Sweep: -
G__Bite: 6d6__Claws: 2d10__Wings: 3d6__Tail Slap: 2d10_Crush: 4d6_Tail Sweep: 2d6

I bold and italicized the incorrect values that Helper.DamageUp sets. By the way Crush and Tail Sweep only show in the special tab.

So what needs to be changed?
Bloodwolf is offline   #966 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 18th, 2020, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Well it worked until I hit large size.

I bold and italicized the incorrect values that Helper.DamageUp sets.

So what needs to be changed?
I'm confused. You say the damage dice for normal dragons and for Fang Dragons are the same according to this chart you posted. You previously stated though that their damage is increased by one size category. Which is it?

Helper.DamageUp increases the damage of a weapon by one size category based on the damage path it's on. Conveniently, there are two paths here so that could account for any inconsistencies you may be seeing. I recommended this for the 6d6 damage dice you said you needed since there isn't a tag for that (I don't think).

If you look at the script on the special Dragon Natural Weapons that should give you all you need to help you force whatever tags you need. (Note: you can modify this script all you want, but if you don't want it be erased with every update you will either need to send me your updates or make your own version of it in a separate fle.)

Quote:
By the way Crush and Tail Sweep only show in the special tab.
Yea, I see that. Kind of annoying actually. I'll fix that whenever I get back to updating the monster races.

Last edited by Sendric; June 18th, 2020 at 04:48 AM.
Sendric is online now   #967 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old June 18th, 2020, 07:35 PM
Sorry for not being clear. The Fang dragon's natural weapons are the same as a dragon one size category larger. So a medium dragon does large dragon damage. A gargantuan dragon does colossal dragon damage. Luckily for me the Fang dragon never goes above gargantuan.

As for the special Dragon Natural Weapons script it only changes 1 value for each attack type and at different size categories. I tried that first and it didn't change them correctly either. I'm thinking that I might have to write a script that just flat changes every damage value for each damage type for each size category.

But it has been a while since I have done this heavy of a script so it will take me some time. And you know that once I get it right I'll put it in the Dropbox. I just want to get it right before sending it on.
Bloodwolf is offline   #968 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 20th, 2020, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Sorry for not being clear. The Fang dragon's natural weapons are the same as a dragon one size category larger. So a medium dragon does large dragon damage. A gargantuan dragon does colossal dragon damage. Luckily for me the Fang dragon never goes above gargantuan.

As for the special Dragon Natural Weapons script it only changes 1 value for each attack type and at different size categories. I tried that first and it didn't change them correctly either. I'm thinking that I might have to write a script that just flat changes every damage value for each damage type for each size category.

But it has been a while since I have done this heavy of a script so it will take me some time. And you know that once I get it right I'll put it in the Dropbox. I just want to get it right before sending it on.
It shouldn't be necessary to go to that extreme. We can make some adjustments to the script and bootstraps to raise the level of damage specifically for the Fang Dragon. I can help with that if you want to send me what you have.

Sorry for being obtuse. Sometimes I need to be clubbed over the head.
Sendric is online now   #969 Reply With Quote
startal

Old July 3rd, 2020, 05:01 AM
Hello when I try to add enchantment to my weapon.
I cant find no weapon enchatment that called soulfire.
startal is offline   #970 Reply With Quote