Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

wdmartin

Old May 8th, 2020, 03:29 PM
Okay! Your melee touch attack starts at +5 (3 BAB + 2 Dex).

You are correct that the shield is applying a penalty (-1). You are also correct that it's working just like Weapon Finesse. And yes, that was intentional. The attack attribute configurable just assigns Hero.Finesse to the PC, which then functions just like Weapon Finesse. That's hard-coded into Hero Lab; I can't change it.

The other -1 penalty is also by design: you left Power Attack enabled on the In Play tab, and it therefore applied its penalty to all your melee attack rolls, including the touch attack.

You could just look at the Ranged touch attack number, and use that -- unless you're generating a token from this file for use in an online game perhaps? In that case, you can correct for the shield penalty using the adjustment "Touch Attack Bonus, Type" and applying a bonus to your melee touch attacks.

Last edited by wdmartin; May 8th, 2020 at 03:35 PM.
wdmartin is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old May 9th, 2020, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmartin View Post
Okay! Your melee touch attack starts at +5 (3 BAB + 2 Dex).

You are correct that the shield is applying a penalty (-1). You are also correct that it's working just like Weapon Finesse. And yes, that was intentional. The attack attribute configurable just assigns Hero.Finesse to the PC, which then functions just like Weapon Finesse. That's hard-coded into Hero Lab; I can't change it.

The other -1 penalty is also by design: you left Power Attack enabled on the In Play tab, and it therefore applied its penalty to all your melee attack rolls, including the touch attack.

You could just look at the Ranged touch attack number, and use that -- unless you're generating a token from this file for use in an online game perhaps? In that case, you can correct for the shield penalty using the adjustment "Touch Attack Bonus, Type" and applying a bonus to your melee touch attacks.
Ok, makes complete sense. Thank you for taking the time. I have no idea what I was seeing before.
Krothos is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
lunaticminka

Old June 25th, 2020, 01:29 AM
according to the class errata rogue is supposed to get deft maneuvers as a bonus feat but the hero lab mod doesn't reflect that.
lunaticminka is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
McPir8

Old July 21st, 2020, 11:52 PM
is there a version of this ruleset updated to use the rules from the 2018 updated document?
McPir8 is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old July 30th, 2020, 04:30 PM
No. I looked at it, and eventually opted not to. It looked like a lot of work for comparatively little utility. Was there a particular feature you were interested in?
wdmartin is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
joncount

Old February 22nd, 2021, 04:46 PM
Thanks so much for this, I use it constantly, all the time. One thing that I've come across however, is that the Kineticist Blast is not counted under the "Weapon Focus: Ray" option. Any chance for an update there?
joncount is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old February 24th, 2021, 07:54 PM
Yes. You're not the first person to ask. It took quite a while to figure out -- as far as Hero Lab is concerned, kinetic blasts are not weapons, and this threw me for a loop.

But after three or four hours of beating my head against it I figured out the magic sauce:

Code:
~ Tag the hero has having weapon focus for kineticist blasts.
perform hero.assign[WepFocus.wBlast]

foreach pick in hero from AttDam where "IsWeapon.wBlast"
	perform eachpick.assign[Broadcast.WepFocus]
nexteach
So now Weapon Focus (ray) also applies to all kineticist blasts. Including Kinetic Blade and Kinetic Whip, which are still technically kinetic blasts even though they work a bit more like physical weapons.

I have pushed out an update.
wdmartin is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
joncount

Old February 26th, 2021, 05:38 PM
You are the BEST! Thanks my friend
joncount is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
RMR

Old March 28th, 2021, 08:37 PM
Hello,

2 things I saw from the Elephant in the room book was
Deft Maneuvers is Pre: Dex 13 not Int 13.
Shield Focus gives an extra benefit. This bonus increases to +5 against ranged attacks (not including spell effects, natural attacks, or massive ranged weapons).

Also is there a tutorial on editing. I was not able to find one.

Thanks for all the hard work.
RMR is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 28th, 2021, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR View Post
Also is there a tutorial on editing. I was not able to find one.

Thanks for all the hard work.
When you open Hero Lab, look at HELP tab > "Hero Lab Tutorial" & "Hero Lab Manual"
Also, when you open the Editor itself, HELP tab > "Help on using the editor"

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #140 Reply With Quote