Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 10th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
A reminder about an old bug report & a request for a change.

Bug: when doing spell selection as a paladin (and I suspect this is true for other classes) I use the Custom/Metamagic Spell option. Picking "Cure Light Wounds" I add the metamagic feat of "Reach Spell" to give it a range of 30 feet. The problem is an error message which is, as far as I've been able to determine, falsely claiming that the character must first posses the "Rapid Spell" metamagic feat.

Request: currently the printed sheet would list the above example (plus a genuine 3rd level spell: Healing Spirit) as "Paladin 3: Cure Light Wounds, Reach, Healing Spirit" but this makes it look like there are three 3rd level spells. One called Cure Light Wounds, another called Reach and finally Healing Spirit. I therefore request that the metamagic component of a spell be listed in parenthese followed by the comma separator: "Paladin 3: Cure Light Wounds (Reach), Healing Spirit"

Thanks in advance & apologies to Aaron for adding to his workload,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Don't feel bad Nigel, but unfortunately I can't help you with this first one. Reach Spell is a feat from the Community files, it is Verboten to me. But it is really easy to fix. In the editor, go to the Reach MM power in the appropriate community file and click on the pre-req button. Make sure the displayed message is right, and that it is checking for the correct feat to validate. Change whichever of those 2 things is wrong then submit it to ShadowChemosh for the next release.

For the second, I will add it to my to do list. Currently working my way through this bug list over the weekend.
Alright Aaron, after a long delay I've finally sent the file to ShadowChemosh just before composing this post.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #191
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 14th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Still getting the gSizeDiff error, but not sure what this one means, seems completely internal. What I did was, I changed a regular natural weapon melee attack to a natural weapon ranged attack (by manipulating the tags) so that I could emulate the Electricity Ray on an Arrowhawk. Total success, except for this nagging error. I will incrementally find out which tag addition/deletion is causing the problem, if I can. The natural attack I manipulated, obviously, was wSting.

UPDATE: Apparently, when I add the wCategory.wRangeProj tag to this, that is when the error shows up. When I remove it, it goes away. Any way I can get a workaround for that error, or am I out of luck?

ANOTHER UPDATE: Actually has to do with deleting the wCategory.Melee tag. Now that I think of it, when the natural weapons were getting this error, the fix that went in on d20 only had to worry about melee weapons, since all natural weapons are that. Another thing for the to do list it seems, in addition to adding at least one natural ranged weapon, you'll probably need to do what you did with the other natural weapons to get that error sorted out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HLError.jpg (29.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Kendall-DM; February 14th, 2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Tag identification.
Kendall-DM is offline   #192
mpirunner

Old February 18th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Hi,

I noticed, that reflex saves are always computed too high at +2.
As long as you don't give a level to a character base values
with attribute bonuses look fine. As soon as I add a level (no matter which
class) reflex always gets a +2 bonus, whether they class has good
reflex saves or not. Any ideas how to fix that ?

Greetings,
mpirunner
mpirunner is offline   #193
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
While messing with a Marilith demon, I found an odd thing on multiweapon fighting. In the case of a Marilith, if you give it all longswords and equip them everything works fine. However, if you remove one of the longswords, and you make it a light weapon (I used a dagger) you suddenly get an extra +2 bonus to your main hand attack, even though you have at least one other off hand weapon that is one handed. In other words, by using one dagger in an off hand, and the rest of your weapons as one handed, the main hand weapon is treated as if it only has light weapons in the off hands (when, in fact, only one of those weapons is light). Using just three attacks with multiweapon fighting and a normal attack bonus of +20 (for simplicity), you get:

Main (1-handed): +16/+11/+6/+1
Off (1-handed): +16

Main (1-handed): +18/+13/+8/+3
Off (light): +18

Main (light): +16/+11/+6/+1

Main (light): +18/+13/+8/+3
Off (light): +18

Kind of borks the system, if you ask me. Needs to be fixed.
Kendall-DM is offline   #194
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM
In another thread Soundwich mentioned a difficulty he was having with the purchase of silver arrows as a Custom Weapon.

Being the curious sort I decided to explore this and the suggestions made by the responders to his post.

I found that if you create a fresh character and buy the 50 silver arrows straight out of the gate via the Custom Weapon feature at no cost since you don't have money (and have not purchased any bow prior to this) you can check the box to show that you are wielding the arrow in your main hand as a weapon. The damage value shows up on screen in the weapon column correctly (1d4-1) so again

However, on the character sheet printout the arrows show up as equipment and ammunition to be ticked off BUT the 'arrow as a hand-held weapon' stats do not show up in the weapon area of the sheet with the Unarmed Attack stats as they should.

Separate question to Aaron & Mathias: why is it again that a version of the mechanism for making Custom Scrolls cannot be used to create Custom Wands, Staves, Rods, Rings, Potions and perhaps other Wonderous Items? **additional comment** As is currently done in in the Pathfinder "module" of Hero Lab.

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; March 11th, 2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Added to my comments
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #195
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 21st, 2012, 04:30 PM
While messing with attack bonuses, I found that any bonus to the attack (Attack pick) also adds those bonuses to Grapple. That should not be happening, unless the bonus alters the BAB or the Strength bonus. I'm going to have to make a workaround in the meantime, because its inflating my PCs grapple bonuses beyond what they should be with Adjustment buffs.
Kendall-DM is offline   #196
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Separate question to Aaron & Mathias: why is it again that a version of the mechanism for making Custom Scrolls cannot be used to create Custom Wands, Staves, Rods, Rings, Potions and perhaps other Wonderous Items? **additional comment** As is currently done in in the Pathfinder "module" of Hero Lab.
Because it is no longer a WotC supported product, despite the similarity to structure of that of PF. I understand you frustration, but d20 will be left out in the rain as long as other products continue to provide a bigger cash crop. And with RW in the works, this will continue to get pushed back and will probably be quite a while before we even get an update, and not much of one at that. Yes, I am kind of bitter about it, because I see no reason why I should pay for a licensed product that isn't even being supported properly. But I've already made this argument before, so I won't put anymore effort into it than what I've said.
Kendall-DM is offline   #197
Sendric

Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirunner View Post
Hi,

I noticed, that reflex saves are always computed too high at +2.
As long as you don't give a level to a character base values
with attribute bonuses look fine. As soon as I add a level (no matter which
class) reflex always gets a +2 bonus, whether they class has good
reflex saves or not. Any ideas how to fix that ?

Greetings,
mpirunner
Are you using the community files? If so, there is a known bug in the current version. It's been fixed, but there isn't a new release yet. Should be soon. In the meantime, you can check out the community bug report thread or use the adjustment tab to make what alternations you need.
Sendric is offline   #198
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 15th, 2012, 02:38 PM
The Stunning Fist is not correctly calculating the number of uses per day correctly. It's dividing the levels by 4 and rounding up, when in fact, it should be rounding down.

Code:
var uses as number
uses = #levelcount[Monk] + round(levels/4,0,1)
Kendall-DM is offline   #199
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:06 AM
Found another thing, I've used a class variant for a Paladin, and I changed it to require only alignments of any good, instead of only lawful good. Unfortunately, it appears that in the class selection screen it still wants the character to be lawful good (the Paladin is grayed out). Now, I can select it and the class variant doesn't register any warnings, but it's annoying that the selection list has it as unavailable due to incompatible alignment. I even tried removing the tag for the lawful good requirement, but I haven't been able to even get that to work.
Kendall-DM is offline   #200
Closed Thread