Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dragnmoon

Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:35 PM
Have you guys thought about hiring more help?

I know your Pathfinder Data Set has become popular, which is evident in all the support you give it, but that has slowed down production of other stuff.

I don't see close to the amount of support that I see with your other Datasets as I see with Pathfinder. Would love to see more support for Call of Cthulhu, World of Darkness and a quicker release of Shadowrun and support for it once it is released.

Many times I see Data developers state something like - 'hey I am working on this now, once I am done with that I will work on this other project'. It just seems me that many times things are just pushed back more because of all the work and that you current work force can not really handle the amount of work needed.

I am hoping with the Success of Pathfinder for you guys, that soon you will be able to Hire more people so more of our favorite games can see some support, including Pathfinder.

Edit: I believe you did just Hire a new team for your Mac Support, so that may be a determent in hiring others to support the PC version.
Dragnmoon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:08 AM
I do my best to help out with the MnM data set, and make things easier for the Lone Wolf crew in that respect. I wish I could help more, but a) the time I can spend on it is limited now and b) sometimes the problem is in code I can't see.

Maybe other people could help out with other data sets? I think the best volunteers would be people who are familiar with the rules and can debug code.

Last edited by FifthWanderer; January 3rd, 2011 at 06:13 AM.
FifthWanderer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old January 4th, 2011, 04:09 AM
A lot of what content can be created by LW is based in the contracts they have with the various companies. for instance, with Wizards their content is limited to the OGL, which are just the basic books. So they cant hire anyone to create the content of say, the Complete Mage.

If you have a system that has a large fan base, try sending them an email or talk to someone there to see if they would allow LW to do more.

Piazo has allowed LW to do almost all, if not all, of their of their books into HL. And with the large fan base of PF its a good fit. But then Piazo is a more progressive and growing company then the giants out there.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 4th, 2011, 05:35 AM
I know that they were looking at hiring someone to help with datasets, but I do not know if that's currently the case.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old January 4th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I know that LW works with GR to get as much of the Mutants & Masterminds content as possible is included in the dataset, and to ensure its accuracy.
FifthWanderer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM
It's something we've definitely thought about, but there are a number of other factors that need to be considered when doing something like that. Trust us, we don't really enjoy being dragged in 3 different ways by different projects all the time.
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RedBeardSean

Old January 5th, 2011, 05:14 AM
So, masochism isn't a requirement on your resume, but it is a plus?
RedBeardSean is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old January 5th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Hey, if being able to multitask like a ferret on amphetamines is a bonus, I'm game!
FifthWanderer is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sinner666

Old January 5th, 2011, 05:06 PM
One of the things that I think could really help LW in getting Hero Lab more updated would be to finish the wiki on the editor so that people like myself who find the editor daunting to figure out able to "help" get info into Hero Lab. But thats just me.
Sinner666 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old January 6th, 2011, 04:01 AM
More work on the wiki would be useful to users who do like to get our hands dirty with code. But that also takes time away from other projects, like the Shadowrun dataset, Realmworks, Tournament Ace, etc. We can't have everything at once.

Last edited by FifthWanderer; January 6th, 2011 at 04:04 AM.
FifthWanderer is offline   #10 Reply With Quote