Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kizan

Old November 21st, 2011, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Thanks much for your comments Kizan!

The short answer is... certainly; I'm happy to post the old version so that it uses a different folder (when I get back to my home PC).

The longer answer is... BTW, the 2.0 version can re-create the 1.x output by setting the Movement and Weapons options to 'Compact' (and disable logos). Although the control-panel itself doesn't print, any options you change *do* effect the printed sheet.

(just wanted to say that in case it wasn't obvious )

Roger
Dear Roger,

The primary reason I want the old sheet is that I can't save the settings from the new one and I don't want everyone's sheet to be different. I play with some people that need help finding things on their sheet and with new players. It's helpful when everyone's sheet looks the same so I (or others) can help them find things on the page. It there a way to set a cookie (or something) that would save the settings? That way when I print out PC after PC it keeps the settings. I have Hero Lab installed on four machines (all legal!) so I'd love to be able to take my settings file with me too.

I also found a bug. If I turn the colors on and then off the Initiative total box remains colored even when the colors should be off.

Thanx,

Kizan

Me: How bad could it be?
Him: What's the worst that could happen?
Kizan is offline   #211 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old November 21st, 2011, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizan View Post
It there a way to set a cookie (or something) that would save the settings?
I'm not sure... It would be a nice feature, but I didn't take the time to look into it before pushing out 2.0. If it's doable, I'll definitely roll it into 2.1.

Quote:
I also found a bug. If I turn the colors on and then off the Initiative total box remains colored even when the colors should be off.
ShadowChemosh beat you to this one via email, but I'm feeling generous... one zero-trans-fat, sugar-free Recognition Point (tm) to each of you! (Do I know how to reward people who give input, or what? )

Last edited by AncientOne; November 21st, 2011 at 04:53 AM.
AncientOne is offline   #212 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old November 21st, 2011, 05:22 AM
Quote:
one zero-trans-fat, sugar-free Recognition Point (tm) to each of you! (Do I know how to reward people who give input, or what? )
That may be a healthy recognition point, but how does it taste?
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #213 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old November 21st, 2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
That may be a healthy recognition point, but how does it taste?
My theory is that anyone who can stomach it the first time will be hungry again soon... they have to keep providing input to get more.

Of course, since we're talking about gamers, my devious plan will fall apart the first some someone offers Recognition Points with extra caffeine and a side of Cheetos.
AncientOne is offline   #214 Reply With Quote
Slywolfe

Old November 21st, 2011, 09:07 AM
Here ya go ...

Awesome sheet, man! I print it off in two-sided book format, and everyone loves them. Color coding was a great idea!

Thanks!
Slywolfe is offline   #215 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old November 21st, 2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Can we get a forked version of your previous sheet without all this cool stuff. In case we want one that can just be printed and used. No support for it just a different name or something so we can have both versions installed at the same time.
As requested by Kizan, and for anyone else who wants it... here's the no-longer-supported version (1.1) of my custom character sheet. I've changed it to install to a different folder so it doesn't conflict with the new/supported version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rt_complete_v1_1_2011_11_13.zip (9.9 KB, 10 views)
AncientOne is offline   #216 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old November 21st, 2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
As requested by Kizan, and for anyone else who wants it... here's the no-longer-supported version (1.1) of my custom character sheet. I've changed it to install to a different folder so it doesn't conflict with the new/supported version.
Thank you so much!

Kizan

Kizan is offline   #217 Reply With Quote
Kizan

Old November 21st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Roger,

I have a request for an update to the new sheet. There is an option to limit the feat list. I'd like to request that feature be split. I like a full listing of feats in the feat summary on the first page. But in the full text listing I'd like to limit it and hide the common feats. This way my sheet has a complete listing of feats on it but only full text for the non-common feats.

Thanx,

Kizan

Kizan is offline   #218 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old November 21st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Roger,

I have a request for an update to the new sheet. There is an option to limit the feat list. I'd like to request that feature be split. I like a full listing of feats in the feat summary on the first page. But in the full text listing I'd like to limit it and hide the common feats. This way my sheet has a complete listing of feats on it but only full text for the non-common feats.

Thanx,

Kizan
Sure, I can add that... FYI, as a workaround in the interim you can do this by leaving the Feat Display option set to 'Show all' and then use the Item Hiding feature to delete the full-text entries that you don't want to see.

Roger
AncientOne is offline   #219 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old November 21st, 2011, 05:48 PM
All... Here's version 2.1 of my customizable character sheet. It fixes one defect and adds a couple of features that were requested today:
  • Feature: Remember control-panel options between uses.
  • Feature: Allow user to keep common feats in the Feat Summary table while still hiding the full feat text.
  • Fix: Correctly remove color from Initiative when color-coding is disabled.

Many thanks for the feedback so far, and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other suggestions!

Roger
Attached Files
File Type: zip rt_complete_v2_1_2011_11_21.zip (16.0 KB, 23 views)
AncientOne is offline   #220 Reply With Quote