Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Obi Wan

Old December 26th, 2018, 06:10 AM
Hello everyone! There are some updates, but first I'll answer your comments ^^

ANSWERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
I can help if you need a german translation of the sheet
Your help is greatly appreciated, man. I'll let you know as soon as I start tackling multilanguage support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
Any plans to support Spheres of Power/Spheres of Might (once the latter is released coming year) as well?
This mainly depends on two things:

1) where are these placed in the XML, if it's a new section I'll have to alter my code, if not support is built in

2) their node type, if it's a new one or not, same logic as point 1

Your question also gives me the occasion to ask for everyone's help! Could you please send me your character XML (PM is preferred) so I can add support for the various Pathfinder classes\races? This would greatly help me ^^

UPDATES
  • Image support! Now you can import or more images as the source of your character sheet, and they will be saved as one pdf document. Each image will become a separate page, and image names will determine page order

• Revamped menu UI! We finally have a decent top menu bar. Feast your eyes!
Obi Wan is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Obi Wan

Old December 26th, 2018, 06:40 AM
Re-reading the thread I think I need to better explain how the plugin works and clear some confusion, since people asked if "the sheet" will be in English and even offered to translate "it" ..

There's no included sheet, you'll need to provide one, either in the form of a pdf or image. What my plugin allows you to do is to place content straight from HeroLab's XML wherever in the pdf\image you want..

This is why I ambitiously called this plugin universal, because you can use whatever pdf or custom image you've found online or created in Photoshop\GIMP\etc as a source for your sheet!

I hope I've not mislead anyone, and if I did I'm really sorry, it wasn't intentional
Obi Wan is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Obi Wan

Old January 13th, 2019, 08:16 AM
QUICK UPDATE & HELP REQUEST

Quick update: project is not dead, quite the contrary actually! I'm almost done, I have to finish mapping HeroLab's xml output to my app menu. About that, if you could send me your xmls for the various Pathfinder classes, it would help immensely!

Thanks a bunch and a very late Happy New Year!
Obi Wan is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old January 14th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Here a few spheres character (just made for test purposes).
Attached Files
File Type: zip SampleSpheresCharacters.zip (210.5 KB, 5 views)
EldritchWeaver is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Obi Wan

Old January 17th, 2019, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Here a few spheres character (just made for test purposes).
Greatly appreciated!!
Obi Wan is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old January 17th, 2019, 02:36 PM
This looks very promising.
LazarX is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Obi Wan

Old January 31st, 2019, 06:03 AM
Quick update about spheres of power:

Quote:
Any plans to support Spheres of Power/Spheres of Might (once the latter is released coming year) as well?
Sooo apparently they fall under a very generic "otherspecials" category in the xml, each sphere being a "special" with no specific attributes. So I can and will include them, but they will be under a character tree option called "Special" together with anything else HL devs will categorize the same way :/ Not ideal, but better than no support I guess
Obi Wan is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old February 1st, 2019, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan View Post
Quick update about spheres of power:

Sooo apparently they fall under a very generic "otherspecials" category in the xml, each sphere being a "special" with no specific attributes. So I can and will include them, but they will be under a character tree option called "Special" together with anything else HL devs will categorize the same way :/ Not ideal, but better than no support I guess
One of these days, I'm going to have to take the time to learn how HL generates character sheets, and see if there's anything I can do to make sphere abilities easier to organize in that context.
TheIronGolem is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old February 1st, 2019, 08:37 AM
There probably isn't. I've brought it up before, but the raw XML doesn't have enough information in it to build a proper character sheet. Clearly, this "special" category is one such area, but there is no way to figure out which containers hold which items, either. (That's the one I looked at previously, because I wanted TheAncientOne's sheet to support it. Sadly, it's not possible.)

I've filed a bug report for the latter issue, but people who are interested should file their own bug reports. The more people that file a bug report, the more likely it is to be corrected.
Azhrei is offline   #19 Reply With Quote