Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

marauderbear

Old February 24th, 2018, 05:42 PM
I am attempting to create a portfolio with multiple party members and monsters for use in a one-off adventure. I imported several of the base characters from the encounter builder, and now I'm adding a few customizations to make the characters work a little better in the dungeon. But when I try to modify the list of memorized spells for the wizard, I can only add level 0 spells. There are several spells already in the spell book for 1st and 2nd levels, so that isn't the problem. Am I missing something?
marauderbear is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 26th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marauderbear View Post
I am attempting to create a portfolio with multiple party members and monsters for use in a one-off adventure. I imported several of the base characters from the encounter builder, and now I'm adding a few customizations to make the characters work a little better in the dungeon. But when I try to modify the list of memorized spells for the wizard, I can only add level 0 spells. There are several spells already in the spell book for 1st and 2nd levels, so that isn't the problem. Am I missing something?
Hard to say. Can you attach the portfolio here so I can take a look?
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 1st, 2018, 12:37 PM
This could be related to the changes to spells that happened a couple months ago. Someone contacted me with a similar issue a little while ago. This issue was that the spells in his spellbook were the old versions, which had been tagged as obsolete, so when memorizing the Obsolete tag was preventing adding that version.

Solution was to delete the spells in the spell book and then add them back in, so you'd have the updated versions.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 2nd, 2018, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
This could be related to the changes to spells that happened a couple months ago. Someone contacted me with a similar issue a little while ago. This issue was that the spells in his spellbook were the old versions, which had been tagged as obsolete, so when memorizing the Obsolete tag was preventing adding that version.

Solution was to delete the spells in the spell book and then add them back in, so you'd have the updated versions.
Thanks, Aaron. I was wondering if that might be the case.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 10th, 2018, 09:23 AM
To clarify, since I was the one the originally reported it, this only happened with my Replace Thing Id spells and domains. The regular spells were still there.

In an old portfolio, the old spells are still the ones that were memorized, but they showed up just fine as long as they weren't replaced, although they were still the obsolete ones (the ones without the new spell features). I had to re-add them to get the newer versions, but the spells did show up.

I'm wondering if the OP was trying to add spells to a character with a 10 in the relevant stat instead... just speculating.
Kendall-DM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
marauderbear

Old November 24th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Sorry it took so long to reply, but I just remembered that this question is still hanging. I hadn't rolled up ability scores, and so I couldn't add any spells because I didn't have the ability scores for it.
marauderbear is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old November 25th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marauderbear View Post
Sorry it took so long to reply, but I just remembered that this question is still hanging. I hadn't rolled up ability scores, and so I couldn't add any spells because I didn't have the ability scores for it.
Wait, so you're still sitting at a 10 Int? You can't prepare spells of 1st-level or higher if you're Int is 10, as per the rules if spellcasting. You gotta raise that first
Illyahr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote