Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

McTaff

Old April 5th, 2016, 03:53 PM
:necrothread:

I have just fired up Hero Lab on my PC and am having a similar issue.
All of the characters in my current adventure have a custom template assigned to them, and have been working fine up until latest update.

Now I am getting errors that are almost identical on each character...

"Chained pick 'ArmySource' on hero 'Half-elf Rgr 1 - NG Medium humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '41'
"Chained pick 'MythSource' on hero 'Half-elf Rgr 1 - NG Medium humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '54'

Nothing had changed, this is all new to me, and seeing as I created the data file and I publish it from here, I can't figure out what has changed or how to fix it. Any ideas?

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult"
McTaff is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 5th, 2016, 04:05 PM
I moved this post out of a thread it was not related to, but this really belongs as a bug report, not a forum post.

If you click OK on that message, dirty the portfolio and re-save it, do you get the error message the next time you open it?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 5th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
:necrothread:
I have just fired up Hero Lab on my PC and am having a similar issue.
This thread is about the iPad so not really the same thing.

Quote:
All of the characters in my current adventure have a custom template assigned to them, and have been working fine up until latest update.
When you say "custom template" are you talking about one you created yourself using the Editor?

Quote:
Now I am getting errors that are almost identical on each character...

"Chained pick 'ArmySource' on hero 'Half-elf Rgr 1 - NG Medium humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '41'
"Chained pick 'MythSource' on hero 'Half-elf Rgr 1 - NG Medium humanoid' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '54'

Nothing had changed, this is all new to me, and seeing as I created the data file and I publish it from here, I can't figure out what has changed or how to fix it. Any ideas?
Umm... this could just be an issue with 'old' characters but I don't recognize those Picks. For fun open one of these characters and put a space in the name and then remove it. Then do a "Save As" of that character calling "Test.por". If you open the new "Saved" test.por character does it toss the same error?

My last question is you sure you have all the correct licenses for your Hero Lab? Maybe try and reactive the license to make sure.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old April 5th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Ah, doing a "Save as..." solved the problem promptly.

Thanks for the help guys!

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult"
McTaff is offline   #4 Reply With Quote