Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

EightBitz

Old May 20th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Say I've got different races with different subtypes, and I want a tag domain for the race, and a conditional tag domain for the subtype. Is that possible?

For example, I have a race called "Kinthra", but there are three different kinds of Kinthra. Kinthra Dahree, Kinthra Kohbar and Kinthra Lehgra.

I have a race called Ssassara, and there are five types of Ssassara. Keeping it to three for simplicity, I have Ussaawah, Gulaawah and Seluuh.

So for the tag domain of "Race", I want "Kinthra" and "Ssassara" to be available. Then, if Kinthra is chosen, I want a tag domain of "Kinthra" to be available with each type as a tag. Likewise, if Ssassara is chosen, I want a tag domain of "Ssassara" to be available with each type as a tag.

Alternatively, I could just have a "subrace" tag domain, and put everything in there. But I'd like to know if the first option is a possibility.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old May 20th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Oh, and don't make fun of my race names. :-p
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 20th, 2015, 11:59 PM
There aren't any conditional tags, so you have to have one "subrace" that contains the subraces for all races (or one "subrace" tag group for each race?)
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old May 21st, 2015, 02:22 AM
You could also just enter both the race and sub-race as multiple tags. It's not ideal, but the simplest way to do it. When I enter a Goblin, for example, in the race tag I select both Goblinoid and Goblin. Or, you could just include all the various subraces in the tags. In my example I would list it as Goblinoid (Goblin) and have a separate entry for Goblinoid (Hobgoblin). The short answer is you can't have a subrace in the way you want it .
meek75 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old May 21st, 2015, 05:58 AM
Subrace tag domain is probably the best way to go about it, or just enter all the subrace options (without having the 'master' race if that is possible).

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult"
McTaff is offline   #5 Reply With Quote