Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Vargr

Old May 2nd, 2015, 11:00 PM
I would definitely like the option of synching on-the-run without having to exit-synch-enter the program.

I have a player that bought the GM version simply to be able to see the things I make available. It would be neat if we could synch in-game without the hassle of exiting.
It wouldn't be a problem if the program was locked during the synch-time.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old May 2nd, 2015, 11:09 PM
Vargr, maybe I'm missing something, but why would he need to buy the GM version to see what you make available? The player version does that. Also, even with the GM version, you would still need to go through the exit-sync-enter the program routine.

In any event, it would be nice to be able to sync the current realm without exiting from that realm.
MNBlockHead is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old May 2nd, 2015, 11:32 PM
Oh, he doesn't.

He is just a good chap that saw something worth supporting and decided to buy the "big package".

And on the very off chance that he might want to play around with some world-creation, I suppose.

Sorry, I should have made that clear :-(

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2015, 12:20 AM
The ability to sync without exiting the realm is very much on our radar. In fact, it was one of the items included in the survey we did a few months back. It ended up being ranked in the middle of the pack, so it's not something at the top of our list right now. However, it's definitely something we'd like to get into place.
rob is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old May 20th, 2015, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The ability to sync without exiting the realm is very much on our radar. In fact, it was one of the items included in the survey we did a few months back. It ended up being ranked in the middle of the pack, so it's not something at the top of our list right now. However, it's definitely something we'd like to get into place.
Sorry to thread-necro, but this is a related question:

I assume the Web-based 'free' and 'paid' versions retrieve everything on the fly? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but this would happily skirt around half of the syncing procedure on the player end.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult"
McTaff is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old May 21st, 2015, 10:16 AM
Not all web pages auto-refresh so I wouldn't assume that the web based app would auto sync. It might, but I think it's safer to not assume.
Viking2054 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old May 21st, 2015, 11:57 AM
Pressing F5 to refresh a web page manually is still a lot faster than the current implementation.
AEIOU is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old May 23rd, 2015, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
Not all web pages auto-refresh so I wouldn't assume that the web based app would auto sync. It might, but I think it's safer to not assume.
...and
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Pressing F5 to refresh a web page manually is still a lot faster than the current implementation.
We aren't talking about a full sync to the app here, Viking: Mr. 5 Vowels is on the right track.
As long as the page/topic/map will update direct from the cloud server when the page is loaded, it means players will never have to sync - only the GM will have to. So it neatly sidesteps that half of the equation for players to access content that has just been revealed. Either hitting reload; going out of and back into the topic, or simply navigating away and coming back to the topic normally would show the newly revealed info.

-

This just leaves the GM side of things to improve on; once that can be synced quickly, it means that at least the Player Edition application can be pushed back to a lower priority as it won't be the primary end-user content distribution stakeholder - that will be the mantle of the Web version.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult"

Last edited by McTaff; May 23rd, 2015 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Clarifinimicationalism
McTaff is offline   #18 Reply With Quote