Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

McTaff

Old May 19th, 2015, 02:47 AM
1) Oddly, I had to put in the 'race' section for the campaign setting, so every time I enter the text word "human" or "dwarf", etc., it wants to put a link in.

So imagine I am writing a lengthy history of a dwarven fortress. The whole page covered in blue is hardly what I want.

Can we set particular topics to automatically be ignored for this purpose? i.e. I set "Dwarf/Dwarves/Dwarven" to be ignored, therefore it will never ask to create links back to it? (Extra points if there is a special "add link" to a peice of text that I DO want to have linked back there, however unlikely.

-

2) Can we have the link creation/recognition thing worked on a little....

a) Can we have, similar to the "Scan all content for new links" request, have a "Scan all content for changed links"?

b) when I change a topic name, when RW spots the change in another record, it will currently re-set the text to the new name... option to not do this if I have created an alias that still points to the same place?

c) also, If I have "The High Court" and realise I want to have it just "High Court", can there be a 'find and replace through all content' option that gives me several options (including a right-here-right-now text box for custom option) on how it wants to handle the name change? (For example, perhaps I want to drop the "The" out of the link text, and revert that capital T to a lower case t.)

-

3) How would I find out how many words I have entered in my realm?

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult"

Last edited by McTaff; May 19th, 2015 at 02:48 AM. Reason: My English and formatting skills suck.
McTaff is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 19th, 2015, 08:15 AM
I'm certain that all of the items in 1 and 2 have existing threads. (Perhaps not to the details of 2c, but the gist definitely.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
3) How would I find out how many words I have entered in my realm?
Copy all of your text to a program with a word count feature. Perhaps this would be easier if you could export said text? :)

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old May 19th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Perhaps this would be easier if you could export said text? :)
Yep.

I wasn't about to say it though...
MaxSupernova is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old May 20th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Sweet, These threads are getting a little big to surf through and find what's been requested. Even searching for stuff brings up mountains of unrelated posts - this is a good sign that we have an active community, and plenty of input.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult"
McTaff is offline   #4 Reply With Quote