Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old September 28th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Yes it allows import of lots and lots of data from spreadsheets straight into RW. Watch this.
I think you might have posted the wrong link to show off the tool. :-(

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; September 28th, 2018 at 02:17 PM.
Farling is offline   #391 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 28th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Oh yes delete that one

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #392 Reply With Quote
Znicker

Old September 28th, 2018, 09:58 PM
Wow, thats amazing!

Well done!
Znicker is offline   #393 Reply With Quote
Vampyre

Old October 2nd, 2018, 05:52 AM
@Farling : I'm sorry for the long delay since my last post... Thank you very much for your help on this one ! Thank you !
Vampyre is offline   #394 Reply With Quote
daudvyd

Old October 2nd, 2018, 09:54 AM
I've exported a structure file and can see the following entry in the tag domain section:

Code:
        <domain domain_id="Domain_22" name="Ethnic Group" abbrev="Ethnic Gro"
            original_uuid="AF009BB6-3E88-BFA3-7DE0-689326546BA9" signature="1904">
            <tag tag_id="Tag_146" name="aaa-test-01" match_priority="Normal"
                original_uuid="6F079BB6-3E88-BFA3-7DE0-689326546BA9" signature="1905"/>
        </domain>
I have a CSV file of ethnicity names (such as "Italian") to append where you see "aaa-test-01". However, I cannot see where to drag that column of names from the left (CSV) side to the right (XML) side of the CSV import tool. I can only find ethnicity group in the "individual" category where it shows up as the tag domain for "ethnicity". But, that view is for import individuals (people), not the tags that define them. If I drag the column to "ethnicity", the import tool wants me to add a name for each individual who will be created (one for each ethnicity row). I've attached a copy of the structure file for review. Any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: zip NYC2250 (Structure Only).zip (17.7 KB, 0 views)
daudvyd is offline   #395 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 2nd, 2018, 12:08 PM
How many ethnicities do you have?

The tool isn't able to add new entries to an existing domain. It's primary purpose is to allow you to quickly create topics and articles from CSV/excel data.

Normally, a user would add additional entries manually to a domain before producing a structure export to be used for the topics that they will be importing.

If you are familiar with XML, then you could update your structure only file to include the additional tags. The minimum for each tag would be.

Quote:
<tag tag_id="Tag_XXX" name="new name">
Where Tag_XXX is unique across the entire file (start from the highest number + 1 already in the file and work upwards).
(Note that you should not include the original_uuid or signature attributes for your new tags.)

I don't know if you can import just a structure only file into an existing realm.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Last edited by Farling; October 2nd, 2018 at 12:19 PM.
Farling is offline   #396 Reply With Quote
daudvyd

Old October 3rd, 2018, 02:25 AM
I have over 400 ethnicities, which I might be able to cut down to 100. I'd rather not enter them by hand. Can you import a structure file into a new realm and them import existing content?
daudvyd is offline   #397 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 3rd, 2018, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudvyd View Post
I have over 400 ethnicities, which I might be able to cut down to 100. I'd rather not enter them by hand. Can you import a structure file into a new realm and them import existing content?
When you create a realm, you can provide the structure file to use to create it. You can then create an export file from your old realm, and then import that file into the new realm.

I don't know if you can load a structure file into an existing realm just to add the additional structure elements.

Farling

Farling is offline   #398 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old October 3rd, 2018, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
When you create a realm, you can provide the structure file to use to create it. You can then create an export file from your old realm, and then import that file into the new realm.

I don't know if you can load a structure file into an existing realm just to add the additional structure elements.
I know it has been done. I don't know if it works reliably. I would suggest planning out your entire structure to the best of your ability so you can do one structure import and then make minor tweaks using the standard tools inside Realm Works.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #399 Reply With Quote
Sertas

Old November 6th, 2018, 03:52 AM
Can you use the same structure file to add different excel files. I have three excel files and I'm trying to add them one at a time to my realm but the second file isn't actually importing.
Sertas is offline   #400 Reply With Quote