Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 7th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Are there any plans to make it so that players can upgrade their software to the full version if they want to become a GM?

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 03:59 AM
That's been something we've actively investigated and want to do. However, it's not something we've come up with a perfect solution for yet. We're still working to sort it out, but I can't guarantee anything at this point.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 14th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Does this mean its more than license? That the actual software is different? Or am I misreading your response?

I guess I'm confused, because I know the GM software can be used as player, so I assumed the "player software" was just the same software once you implemented player accounts.

Am I incorrect?

Last edited by mirtos; April 14th, 2014 at 07:25 AM.
mirtos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 06:18 PM
The issues have absolutely NOTHING to do with the product itself. They have everything to do with the sales portal we've put in place. In order to support an "upgrade" option, users will have to be able to properly identify that they already own the Player Edition. That will entail work on the sales portal to support, and those same development resources are the ones that also need to be focused on the myriad other features we need to add to Realm Works. Obviously, it's a capability we'll be needing to support in the not-too-distant future, but it's not something we originally planned to do in the next few weeks. So it's a resource contention issue that we don't have figured out yet.

I was trying to be vague, since I really didn't want to delve into the details of resource contention issues, but it's a very real quandary for us as a tiny company trying to do so much... <sigh>
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 14th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Ahh.. Understand. Been through that many times.

I cant speak for everyone, but feel free to be honest. I think a lot of us here respect that. I do realize you took a lot of .... (fill in word) ... on the kickstarter for being honest during the delays that were unexpected, but i for once respected your honesty during that process.

When you were being vague about the reaso, it makes people like myself speculate too much.

Just my two cents.

(Its certainly possible and maybe even likely that im wrong on this)
mirtos is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 15th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Thanks for replying Rob.

The reason I ask is that I'm putting together a post for my RP groups Facebook page that contains information about pricing and the cloud and such so people can see the info in one place. (I don't want to spam them with too many posts about RW, as I don't want to put people off!)

Also, I'm busily entering data for a game I'm going to run soon. Would there be a problem if I created a "Guest" player as well as the proper players so I could show off the player client capabilities to people not in my game?

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old April 15th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
Ahh.. Understand. Been through that many times.

I cant speak for everyone, but feel free to be honest. I think a lot of us here respect that. I do realize you took a lot of .... (fill in word) ... on the kickstarter for being honest during the delays that were unexpected, but i for once respected your honesty during that process.

When you were being vague about the reaso, it makes people like myself speculate too much.

Just my two cents.

(Its certainly possible and maybe even likely that im wrong on this)
I second that. The problem is that everyone expects vagueness these days and so even if you are honest people still suspect an another motive.
But for me keep being honest. It is a fine quality.
Cornelius is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 20th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
Also, I'm busily entering data for a game I'm going to run soon. Would there be a problem if I created a "Guest" player as well as the proper players so I could show off the player client capabilities to people not in my game?
There's no need to do that, or so I believe. As a GM, you'll be able to preview your realm in Player mode, so you can see what the players will see. All you need to do is switch to that mode and you can show off what it will look like for others. The various UI controls will be slightly different (e.g. Player Edition won't have all the editing controls that you'll have), but the presentation of information and how to navigate it will be identical.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 20th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Good point!

Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 27th, 2014, 04:19 PM
+1 for upgrade option when resources allow.

+100 for honesty. I haven't had a chance to use RW nearly as much as the top 5-10 posters here but when Liz sent out a request for feedback, I didn't talk about the product, I talked about the integrity of the company and how it protected the quality of the product. I think I finished with 'Don't ever change.'
weogarth is offline   #10 Reply With Quote