Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Quintain

Old May 13th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Shadow,

I'm in the process of creating my new custom class (as I have alluded to a few times), and I've run into a hitch.

Task: creating a new astral suit type: Instinctive Armor

Description: Instinctive Armor functions similar to "transformed body" (as in it functions mechanically like astral skin) except instead of bonuses to natural armor, it give AC and CMD bonuses like a Monk.

My Progress so far: I've got the Class Special (cPAMarTB) added to the list of selectable Astral suits, and when I select it, I am able to pull up the list of customizations. I've also got the scripts in place to allocate the proper number of customization points per level. So this is nearly functional.

Problems to solve: I have scripted in the Instinctive Armor class special the monk code for adding wisdom to AC -- what isn't working is the increase in AC when levels are gained. I have tried to bootstrap the raMnkAC to the class special and use ClSpecWhen at the required levels, and I've also tried to do individual bootstraps using condition syntax (although it references items I'm not sure are in place). When I do the bootstraps of raMnkAC with the ClSpecWhen, I get multiple modifications of AC equal to my wis bonus instead of just the +1 -- I know that the raMnkAC requires multiple bootstraps for each increment of the monk AC progression. I'm just unsure how to handle it with only one instance of the class special in play.

Now, I could bootstrap it to the class helper (maybe condition it on whether the instinctive armor is selected or not?), but conceptually, I'd like to keep it tied to whether the instinctive armor is worn or not.

Lastly, even though I have the Instinctive Armor added as a Astral Suit type, if I select it, it still gives me the option to select another. I'd like to ensure that my instinctive armor is registered as an astral suit type in all ways if possible.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Last edited by Quintain; May 13th, 2015 at 07:54 PM.
Quintain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old May 13th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Progress. I've got the AC to apply only when the Instinctive Armor is selected via a CustTaken.cfgPUAstSu tag and conditional of (count:hero#Custom.WearAstS = 1).

Changed my mind on how the ability works. Have it bootstrapped to the class like the normal monk ability. Was trying to condition it on whether the instinctive armor was selected or not..but that part isn't working.

Last edited by Quintain; May 13th, 2015 at 08:45 PM.
Quintain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote