Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

retaf33c

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I'm following the example in the example game that comes with AB for setting up a live tag but it doesn't seem to be working.

My basic unit is a Platoon. The platoon has a variety of upgrades that are available; however, one of the upgrades (extra radioman) is only available if it is commanded by a command squad not a special character. I added the tag helper.radio and assign it to the option to select the unit. In the radioman option I've added Helper.radio to the live button. I've tried playing with the priorities including making the command option and radioman option the same priority but the option doesn't appear. The command option is pre-selected but I've unselected it and then re-selected it with out a change.

Any ideas? I can't seem to figure out what is missing.
retaf33c is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old April 8th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Hi there

It could be a number of things:

1. Priorities: Is the radioman option a higher priority than the command option, i.e. command option priority 100 and radioman priority 200? If not then the tag will be applied before or at same time so will not fulfill the live tagging
2. How is the platoon set up: If the various items are units that are linked by an option such as the command squad and the radioman then the tag needs to be applied to the platoon, i.e. within the eval script on the command squad it would be:

var tagReturn as number
tagReturn = unit.parent.assign[Helper.radio]

Send me the AB file if you want so can have a look as it is a lot easier to look at the script rather than try to talk it through
Harkan_again is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
retaf33c

Old April 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks for you help,

I did have limited success. I used debug to verify that the tag was indeed set. It works as long as all the options are off the same unit. I ended up switching the radioman option around and using exclusion groups to making it come up right.

But I tried to use Live tags for a different option without success. I'm working on Dust Warfare that has Platoons and fixed units that are selectable based on the command unit or Hero that is leading the Platoon. You can select Hero that can act as independent solos or you can make them the Platoon command. Instead of duplicating each Hero creating a solo or command version, I want an option off the hero you select to make him the command. That option sets the live tag. How that tag is set determines what subordinate units are available. My problem is even by making the live tag accrued it seems to have no affect on what subordinate units are available.

I will have a version posted later tonight if I can't figure it out.
retaf33c is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
retaf33c

Old April 8th, 2013, 07:21 PM
I just posted my latest copy at: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7596312/DustWarfare.ab

Take a look at the Gorilla Platoon under Axis forces. I ended up brute forcing it as opposed to using Live tags though I did leave what I was working on in the Blutkreuz Platoon. If someone chose Markus and wanted him to command the platoon, I wanted it to come out like the Gorilla Platoon. I will need to do the same thing with Totenmeister and a Zombie Platoon.
retaf33c is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old April 9th, 2013, 01:36 PM
will have a look tomorrow

cheers
Harkan_again is offline   #5 Reply With Quote