Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Ckorik

Old March 9th, 2017, 04:56 AM
Wow...

So I've been working on putting in my campaign sources - I'm up to around 2000 topics atm - not even halfway there *sigh* - but I had a question put to me and couldn't remember the specifics to give an answer....

Ok look there is this little search bar - I'm sure it only works on linked topics or titles though...

Nope - put in an unlinked name and not only was the search almost instant - I got every topic and reference to the name (again I haven't created the topic for this yet at all so none of this is linked).

All I can say is - wow.... I am going to make sure that lore and stuff I may not even need is in the system now - even if it's just for reference - so if I need to look up stuff - it's all there. I had to share this in case you haven't had a reason to use the search yet (or like me assumed it was about as useless as most searches these days).

Ok - enough rambling - TL/DR - SEARCH ROCKS!
Ckorik is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 9th, 2017, 05:39 AM
BTW, when you first mention a term that you'll want to be a topic you should highlight it and press ctrl-q, which is the quick create short cut. This will create an empty topic or article in the right category which means it will be linked when you save the topic you're working on and all future topics that mention that name. If you wait to create the topic till you get to it then a bunch links won't get created until you go back to all those earlier topics and force a new linker pass.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 9th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Search and tag filtering are the bread and butter of a large realm.

Views are really high on my list as well for looking at the big picture and a few likely action locations. And for me, one for work-in-progress is essential to keep me on track.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old March 10th, 2017, 10:53 AM
im building the Serenity/Firefly world right now, it is quite the undertaking. Filling it with all the planets and moons as well as towns, cities and settlements along with NPC's, ive been working on it over a year now and still dont see the end in sight.
flamepulse is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old March 10th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Yeah, large Realms are a LOT of work... have been working the World of Greyhawk campaign setting for 2 years now... Mostly on the Mechanics side (8000+ spells and about 2000+ feats)... it is crazy. I almost dread putting in the locations/NPCS.

But hey, who needs a life, right?
Grey Mage is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 10th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamepulse View Post
im building the Serenity/Firefly world right now, it is quite the undertaking. Filling it with all the planets and moons as well as towns, cities and settlements along with NPC's, ive been working on it over a year now and still dont see the end in sight.
You mean you're building a Serenity/Firefly/BSG world right now. Because you realize they take place in the same universe, right?

<my fan theory>
In BSG, when they landed on Earth, the Earth they were looking for, the home of the lost colony, and they found it destroyed, that was the same Earth that the Firefly/Serenity colonies left to escape destruction.

The BSG crew found the planet in ruins, and mistakenly thought that meant that the lost colony had perished when, in fact, some had escaped.

Which means, of course, that human/cylon hybrids exist in the Firefly/Serenity universe, e.g. Simon and River Tam, which is why they're geniuses and why River also excelled at her combat training.
</my fan theory>
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 10th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamepulse View Post
I've been doing a realm loosely based on the Expanse for about 6 months and I'm still at the entering moons stage. You would never believe how many moons are known in our solar system.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote