Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
I've added this to the to-do list. Thanks for reporting it.

As a workaround, you can use the Skill: Language tab in the editor to add a proper skill entry for Yoruba - that will make that language show up as one of the normal choices for the linguasoft, rather than making you choose the "Other Language" option.

nylanfs, are you purchasing it in creation mode, or advancement mode, and are you purchasing this linguasoft within a commlink or as a loose program? Does your test character have a sim module (usually added as a commlink mod, and necessary to use knowsofts and linguasofts)?
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
raphaelbonelli

Old January 24th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
As a workaround, you can use the Skill: Language tab in the editor to add a proper skill entry for Yoruba - that will make that language show up as one of the normal choices for the linguasoft, rather than making you choose the "Other Language" option.
Thanks. I´ve never used the editor... great chance to learn.
raphaelbonelli is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old January 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Mathias, it was in advancement mode with an already created profile. Here's the steps I took the Matrix tab > Edit this gear on commlink > Add Program > Linguasoft >Customize > Select Language Skill > Other/Specify >Add & Close.

My character uses trodes instead of a datajack or sim module., which AFAIK qualify for a direct neural connection. And the skill bonus does seem to get applied even though the validation fails. After you select the Other/Specify and go back to the normal Linguasoft customization if you right click on the Other Specify the "Edit Name of (Specify Skill Name) Linguasoft" is greyed out. I would imagine this would be where you could specify the new language.

Also if you click on the Delete icon next to the added language skill you get a error that skills must be modified via the advancement tab, but you can right click on the name and select the delete that way.
nylanfs is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
bittergeek

Old January 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
nylanfs: Trodes are used with the sim module - without the module, you can't benefit from the linguasoft. (SR4A pp. 328, 330)
bittergeek is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
DarthME

Old January 27th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Am I missing something on how to get your damage resistances on to the character sheet? I can see them all calculated on the Armor tab, but I can't find them on the sheet to save my life.

Thanks
DarthME is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthME View Post
Am I missing something on how to get your damage resistances on to the character sheet? I can see them all calculated on the Armor tab, but I can't find them on the sheet to save my life.

Thanks
I can't believe I missed that. Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 27th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Shadowrun Missions and Breaking Up Skill Groups.

When I enable breaking up skill groups in order to advance a single skill after character creation, I get a validation error that says Shadowrun Missions prohibits this. Except from the SRM Year 4 FAQ, I see nothing about that.

It's not even an optional rule from SR4A, breaking up a skill group during character creation is a not-allowed thing, but after that, during normal character advancement this rule from SR4A applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4A Page 270
Improving Existing Skills Characters may also improve an existing Active skill or skill group by 1.
The cost for improving a skill is the character's next skill rating x 2. For example, if a character wants to improve her Pistols from 4 to 5, the cost is 5 x 2, or 10 Karma. The cost for improving a skill group is the improved rating x 5. For example, improving the Firearms skill group from 4 to 5 is 5 x 5, or 25 Karma.
Improving a Knowledge or Language skill is half the cost of improving an Active skill: the Karma cost equals the improved skill rating.Characters can only improve skills or skill groups to a maximum of 6, unless they already possess the Aptitude quality for a skill. (Sorry, you can't acquire Aptitude at the same time you try to improve above the maximum.) If a character raises a skill above 6 through Aptitude, the Karma cost doubles.
Skill Groups: If a character improves any skill in a skill group individually instead of improving the group, the remaining skills are treated as individual skills with individual levels from that point - in other words, the skill group no longer exists.
cryptoknight is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
After adding a contact, when I got to edit them, the base data for the contact type should be in the edit box, not automatically appended onto the contact.

i.e. I started entering my NYC Missions character, and I have Peace Man who is a fixer. So I add a fixer and it defaults in all the Fixer stuff... I then go to edit the description for Peace Man and put in his data. These two shouldn't be combined. Otherwise customizing an existing fixer contact just makes it too long.
cryptoknight is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
The "Skill Groups may be broken up" optional rule only changes the way skill groups work during character creation - it does not affect how they work during advancement.

You should be able to simply use "Increase Active Skill" and choose one of the skills in that group - that will also break the group, as stated in the rule you quoted.
Mathias is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
If you don't want the description text from the book for your contact, you can start from the "-Custom Contact-" option at the top of the list. That one won't add any pre-generated description text to what you type.
Mathias is offline   #20 Reply With Quote