Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bigkilla

Old May 28th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Hello, i'm in the process of importing the entire Herolabs Pathfinder bestiary over to D20pro and I've noticed a few issues. These are all most likely on the HL side.

When importing Monsters with spells as in caster level spells they don't import, the spell list is empty.

It does not put in the creatures hit dice, it has a ? in the spot.(not a big deal)

There are quite a few mistakes dealing with damage (almost every creature i've imported has skill modifiers or damage that differs from the Actual Bestiary) I'm pretty sure this is not on the d20pro side, just mentioning it.

Damage resistance is not added when going to d20pro.

All damage types from all sources are classed as bludgeoning.

Gonna be a long long import process, but hey I truely have nothing better to do.

I will add more things I notice as I get further through.

Here is a link to the discussion on the d20pro boards.

Last edited by Bigkilla; May 31st, 2010 at 12:10 PM.
Bigkilla is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
There are quite a few mistakes dealing with damage (almost every creature i've imported has skill modifiers or damage that differs from the Actual Bestiary) I'm pretty sure this is not on the d20pro side, just mentioning it.
Can you give me an example of a creature that has this problem? I just checked the Adult Black Dragon, and all the listed skills show up correctly in Hero Lab.

Damage Resistance is something I need to add to our exporter to list properly in d20pro. I'm hoping to get that done very soon.

I'll work with the d20pro guys to resolve the rest of these issues. Thanks for the report!
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bigkilla

Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Can you give me an example of a creature that has this problem? I just checked the Adult Black Dragon, and all the listed skills show up correctly in Hero Lab.

Damage Resistance is something I need to add to our exporter to list properly in d20pro. I'm hoping to get that done very soon.

I'll work with the d20pro guys to resolve the rest of these issues. Thanks for the report!
Almost every creature I have Imported that has a high Bab (every Dragon and demon/devil) the attacks are not even close to being correct and 90% of the skills are off.

Ok, i just imported the Adult Black dragon again to see, and I get the following errors. This it what appears on the D20pro side.

Skills: animal handle listed as +19 it is +16 in the bestiary

Attacks: In d20 pro he has cmb 20 should be 24
bite +21 2d6+7 blud should be 2d6+10 piercing
claws +20/+15/+10 1d8+7 blud should be +20/+20 1d8+7 slashing
tail slap +15 1d8+7 should be tail slap +15 1d8+10
wings +15/+10/+5 1d6+7 should be +15/+15 ad6+7

so I don't know if maybe I'm doing something drastically wrong and importing things incorrectly or my versions are different than everybody else's but i'm getting boat loads of errors.

I will import some more today and I will leave a detailed account of which one's I import and what errors I get if you would like.

Last edited by Bigkilla; June 2nd, 2010 at 11:06 AM.
Bigkilla is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:34 PM
It looks like all those stats are correct in Hero Lab, with the exception of the CMB - we have it as 22 (I don't know if that's an error in HL or with the calculation in the SRD). So it looks like the import to d20pro is introducing those problems - take a look at the stats in Hero Lab for an adult black dragon, and they should be correct.

It's possible we need to add more detail to the converter so that d20pro can import monsters like this properly. We'll work with the d20pro guys to get this fixed, so the monsters should import into d20pro correctly.

Thanks!
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ogexam

Old June 3rd, 2010, 04:04 AM
Ok let me cover a few of these right off the bat.

Claw and bite were not typing correctly (added a fix to d20Pro code) to type them better. Claw should be slashing and piercing, while bite is slashing, piercing and bludgeoning

For the attacks, turn off the +6/+1 of the natural attacks (this bug is being worked from HL side) Natural attacks that do not get the progression were being set to true. Once you turn this off you will see the one claw attack with the correct value, then use the copy feature so you then have 2 claw attacks.

Added code in d20Pro to look for x2 x4 and x6 so if a creature has claw x2 it will create two claw attacks

I am actually working on a way of extracting the DR and ER data right now, so Colen expect an email from me.

as for skills. It stems from the if you have a rank in a class skill you get +3 modifier to the skill. Currently there is no data in the export that states if the skill is a class skill and if it get the +3 modifier. We set our importer to assume ranks in skill the skill is a class skill since usually creatures imported are PCs and PCs do not commonly take things that are not class skills. We will need to add a field to skills on both sides to fix this bug

www.thecheesegrinder.com
www.d20Pro.com
ogexam is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ogexam

Old June 4th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Many fixes are in for these bugs.

Head over to d20pro Forum for more details.

www.thecheesegrinder.com
www.d20Pro.com
ogexam is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old June 4th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Just found an issue trying to import an Alchemist character from HL into d20pro. It complains about the "2d6+3 Fire" damage line for his bomb weapon. Don't know if this is a HL issue, or a d20pro issue.

I also notice the new Pathfinder skills (Perception, Acrobatics, etc) are not showing up for characters imported to d20pro.
huntercc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Bigkilla

Old June 4th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercc View Post
Just found an issue trying to import an Alchemist character from HL into d20pro. It complains about the "2d6+3 Fire" damage line for his bomb weapon. Don't know if this is a HL issue, or a d20pro issue.

I also notice the new Pathfinder skills (Perception, Acrobatics, etc) are not showing up for characters imported to d20pro.
Weird, the only skill I have had it give me issues with is Knowledge:Planes Craft and Perform, it has always imported all the other skills just fine for me anyways.
Bigkilla is offline   #8 Reply With Quote