Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

flamepulse

Old August 1st, 2017, 08:49 PM
I want an answer plain and simple, no excuses or beating around the bush on the answer.

Is there plans for Hero lab for Android tablets?

I love the software and want to use it, but at this point with D&D beyond coming out and they will have a native android app i dont see the point of continuing to support your software.
flamepulse is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 1st, 2017, 10:26 PM
Yes - they have announced Hero Lab Online. We know nothing other than it's name and that an LWD employee posted that this should satisfy the Android users.

It doesn't sound like an app but a web service similar to what D&DBeyond is now but web apps work on anything that has a browser so should work fine on an android device.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 2nd, 2017, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
It doesn't sound like an app but a web service similar to what D&DBeyond is now but web apps work on anything that has a browser so should work fine on an android device.
As long as you are in a place with decent internet access...
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old August 2nd, 2017, 06:37 AM
thats not what asked. I want to know if they are planning to make an android app. not a web based online version. cause if they are not I am stopping wasting my money with this company.
flamepulse is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ICTerify

Old August 2nd, 2017, 09:33 AM
I have not seen, in person, the D&D beyond application so all I have viewed is what has been release though media announcements and what I have read on their forums. What I have seen so far of D&D Beyond it will require a internet connection. Yes, it will have a Android and iOS apps, but those will still require a internet connection. There have been request for a off-line mode, but I don't think and Dev has answered that question. I could be wrong and they have announced a off-line mode for the apps, but I have not seen or heard that announcement. Also, the product is still in beta as of 8/2/17, so things are subject to change.

I would hold off making any decisions either way until both products have been released to the general public, in their final forms but, that is just me.
ICTerify is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 3rd, 2017, 02:24 PM
As you can see in this image, our web based version will be easily usable on mobile devices. While it is possible we could produce an Android and iPhone app as well, we have no plans either way at this time. The mobile view works quite nicely and there's a good deal of work to do on the web version before we start visiting the idea of apps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HLOM.jpg (217.4 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by BJ; August 3rd, 2017 at 02:33 PM.
BJ is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old August 3rd, 2017, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTerify View Post
I have not seen, in person, the D&D beyond application so all I have viewed is what has been release though media announcements and what I have read on their forums. What I have seen so far of D&D Beyond it will require a internet connection. Yes, it will have a Android and iOS apps, but those will still require a internet connection. There have been request for a off-line mode, but I don't think and Dev has answered that question. I could be wrong and they have announced a off-line mode for the apps, but I have not seen or heard that announcement. Also, the product is still in beta as of 8/2/17, so things are subject to change.

I would hold off making any decisions either way until both products have been released to the general public, in their final forms but, that is just me.
They have said that they plan on making it offline available.

Thank you for your answer BJ, Ill take eh lack of a yes or no as a No you have no intentions of it. Looks like im done with Herolab.
flamepulse is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
UttiniDaKilrJawa

Old August 7th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
As you can see in this image, our web based version will be easily usable on mobile devices. While it is possible we could produce an Android and iPhone app as well, we have no plans either way at this time. The mobile view works quite nicely and there's a good deal of work to do on the web version before we start visiting the idea of apps.
Any chance of this being usable on a mobile device (ala tablet) in Landscape mode?
UttiniDaKilrJawa is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
branbric

Old August 12th, 2017, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Damn, a web app would almost demand a constant data connection, kinda disappointed by that...
branbric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Steel_Wind

Old August 12th, 2017, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UttiniDaKilrJawa View Post
Any chance of this being usable on a mobile device (ala tablet) in Landscape mode?
Well, let's see.

Samsung Android phone? Check
Tablet in Landscape mode? Check

Looks like the answer is "yes"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HLO.jpg (79.7 KB, 364 views)
Steel_Wind is offline   #10 Reply With Quote