Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dropbear8mybaby

Old November 14th, 2016, 07:37 PM
I want to change the default portfolio setting so that it always selects 27 point buy instead of my having to change it every time I want to make a character. Currently it defaults to standard array so there must be some way of setting the order, or even eliminating standard array as even being an option?
dropbear8mybaby is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old November 15th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Okay, so Supposing you know how to use the Hero Lab Editor you can create a new file named something like "DropBear_CustomCreation.user" Now you are going to create two duplicated Creation Methods. Under the General tab, click on the Creation Method tab.
Hit Duplicate and duplicate both the Point buy and the Fixed Scores entries. In Fixed Scores, go to Tags button in the upper right and delete the Helper Create Def tag. Push okay and then find the Replaces Thing Id box under Auto-Add Only? Enter StandArray in that box. finally Up at the top in the Unique Id box enter in some Id string that you like FixScorSux. So hit the save button in the lower left which should prompt you to save you file if you haven't.
Next go to your copy of Point buy. Click on Tags and enter the following Group Id: Helper, Tag Id: CreateDef, Name: Default creation method, Abbrev: Default creation method. Hit OK. In the Replaces thing Id box enter: creaPoint. name it something in the UniqueId box like PntBuyRulz. hit Save. Now you should try to compile this (Ctrl-T) it will tell you something like it can't because it is in use. Make sure to tell you're computer it is being a little whiny pants. go to the normal Hero Lab window and go to File->Switch Game System. When it asks you to switch, tell Hero Lab the following (this must be said aloud of none of this will work) "Haha,fooled you stupid. I'm going back into 5e!" Then reload the fifth edition. All should be as you want it.
CptCoots is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 15th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCoots View Post
Make sure to tell you're computer it is being a little whiny pants. go to the normal Hero Lab window and go to File->Switch Game System. When it asks you to switch, tell Hero Lab the following (this must be said aloud of none of this will work) "Haha,fooled you stupid. I'm going back into 5e!" Then reload the fifth edition. All should be as you want it.
CTRL-R works way easier to just "reload" the current game system. Less clicks and no verbal abuse to the computer.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old November 15th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Shadow. Where the hell is the fun in that?
CptCoots is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 15th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Shadow. Where the hell is the fun in that?
I know. I suck the "fun" out of everything!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old November 16th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Quote:
[...]FixScorSux ... PntBuyRulz ... tell Hero Lab the following (this must be said aloud of none of this will work) "Haha,fooled you stupid. I'm going back into 5e!" Then reload the fifth edition. All should be as you want it.
LOVE your explanation!! Thank you for the funnies
mazzy is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old November 17th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
LOVE your explanation!! Thank you for the funnies
You're very welcome.
CptCoots is offline   #7 Reply With Quote