Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old November 25th, 2018, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThomason View Post
I don't quite understand what is wrong with my CSV. Is it because there are room names that are the same (like "Rat Tunnels" or "Entrance"?). If that's the case, that's an annoyance of this module and, frankly, lots of other modules as well - I might be able to deal with it, but it would be a pain. However, When I tried to import, I got references that topics were said to be used more than once, but I could only find a single instance of the name in the CSV.
Hi,

The "topic more than once" error is when the same row in the CSV table is
being inserted more than once. You can have the same name on different rows without causing any issues (other than if you try to create a relationship, since it will pick the first [or all?] topics).

The problem I saw was that the way you had the parents set up, the same row from the table was being added to several different parents.

e.g. several topics were being put under both the parents "Level 0B: The Cloister of the Frog-God" title and "Level 0B: The Cloister of the Frog-God: The Cloister".

I'm not sure if you intended the same topics to appear twice in your realm.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is online now   #421 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 25th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
A crash during import. I would need to replicate the issue. But in our experience adding multiple names to snippets is a sure fire way to get the import to crash and in all cases we have been able to get around the crash by removing multiple names from the equation and nothing else.
Do you have an example of the generated RWexport file that I could examine, so that I can see what is being put into the file?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is online now   #422 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 25th, 2018, 11:15 PM
I just tried to replicate it using a file I had made a few months ago. I deleted the original export so this was a fresh from using the csv. Unable to replicate which is a good thing. If I can make it happen again in the future I'll let you know.

Joe might have some crashing exports left. I tend to clean up the stuff that doesn't work.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #423 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old December 1st, 2018, 02:30 PM
Farling,

I'm really sorry to continue poking at this, but I have gone over my CSV multiple times and I do not see any problem with how I have structured the file. I decided to copy out the lines dealing with the Cloister of the Frog-God as a test since that was definitely causing problems. I'm attaching this as a .txt file so it can be reviewed.

Just using a few lines from each section, I'd expect the import to look something like this:

Quote:
Level 0B: The Cloister of the Frog-God
---Background
Level 0B: The Cloister of the Frog-God: The Cloister
---Entrance
---Upper Temple
---Refectory
Level 0B: The Cloister of the Frog-God: Within the Vaults
---The Lower Temple
---Holding Cells
---Laboratory
---Lost Catacombs
In fact, this is exactly how this same CSV imported the first time I used the tool. That was before you had added the controls to keep the main topic name from being an auto link, so I was having lots of false positives importing the text, but I still have that Realm, and it imported exactly as I would have expected.

Sorry to be a pain. I just really don't understand how else I could structure the CSV to get the nested structure that I need. I don't see how I'm calling on the same lines multiple times. Thanks again for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: png RA_ImportedStructure.PNG (56.5 KB, 96 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt TestSubset-01.txt (8.2 KB, 8 views)
JustinThomason is offline   #424 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old December 2nd, 2018, 08:11 PM
Question:

I may be crazy (actually no don't answer that.... :-) ), but I am sure that in one of the earlier builds there was an option to make a snippet a GM instruction... that seems to have disappeared ?

I can see snippet styles etc...

Did I miss something ?
Happydevil43 is offline   #425 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 2nd, 2018, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydevil43 View Post
I may be crazy (actually no don't answer that.... :-) ), but I am sure that in one of the earlier builds there was an option to make a snippet a GM instruction... that seems to have disappeared ?
It's still there for Text Snippets: Snippet Options/GM Directions/Convert to GM Directions-only or Ctrl-G.

Parody is offline   #426 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old December 2nd, 2018, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
It's still there for Text Snippets: Snippet Options/GM Directions/Convert to GM Directions-only or Ctrl-G.
Ahh - Thanks - It was a tick box.....I think ... I didn't dig deep enough.
Happydevil43 is offline   #427 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 3rd, 2018, 01:33 PM
Version 1.49 is out

This version fixes a bug that JustinThomason found.

The string matching wasn't working properly when deciding which topics should be created as children of which parents. (The API call had been changed to prevent "regular expression" special characters from having any effect, in order to fix a previous bug report.)

If a possible parent name was present within another parent name, then both parents would have the topic created beneath them.

e.g. with the data lines:
Code:
Parent,Prefix,Name,Suffix,Alt Name,Alt Name 2,Status Tag
Level 0B: The Cloister of the Frog-God,0B,Background,0B,0B,Area 0B,Empty
Level 0B: The Cloister of the Frog-God: The Cloister,CL1,Entrance,0B-CL,CL1,Area CL1,Empty
Level 0B: The Cloister of the Frog-God: Within the Vaults,DL1A,The Lower Temple of Tsathogga,0B-DL1,DL1A,Area DL1A,Empty
All three topics would appear under "The Cloister of the Frog-God" (since that title appears somewhere within the text of parent column), as well as appearing under their own (correct) specified parent.

Farling

Farling is online now   #428 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old December 3rd, 2018, 09:05 PM
Perfect! The new version works like a champ!

Once again, Thank you so much Farling - this tool is top notch!
JustinThomason is offline   #429 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old December 4th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Farling, you are a true treasure to the community, mate, thanks for this
ErinRigh is offline   #430 Reply With Quote