Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Virtue

Old April 18th, 2019, 07:36 AM
I was playing around with editor files trying to make templates and feats and somehow it wont allow my other editor files to load should i put them in a different folder? or what did i do?
Virtue is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2019, 08:05 AM
There would have been error messages before you got to this point, right? What does the very first one say? In Hero Lab, you can right-click an error message to copy its text, so you can paste it here, without having to go to the trouble of getting a screenshot.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old April 18th, 2019, 08:14 AM
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: Basic Monster Templates.user (line 29) - Thing 'Alchcreature' (dynamic tag) - Group 'helper' not defined
File: Basic Monster Templates.user (line 76) - Thing 'Antipalcreature' (dynamic tag) - Group 'helper' not defined

Is there a way to hide these files while i work on them so it doesnt try to load them?
Virtue is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Check your capitalization. If this is a tag, then it's more likely to be "Helper" than "helper".

You can move the files to anywhere else but the directory they're in (I'd recommend a "work in progress" sub-folder of that folder), and they won't be used in HL.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old April 18th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Ok that makes it so my hero labs works again but when i go to edit them they say they arent for the current game system so i cant edit only view them.
Virtue is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 18th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Yes, you need to move them back to the normal folder while you're working on them, and move them out if you just want to use HL, but don't want to include this work in progress.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote