Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Harkan_again

Old June 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Hi there

I had an override for a unit in the dat file the unit was held in, as there are likely to be a lot of these overrides (creating lend lease vehicles for Bolt Action) which will be across two seperate dat files but relate to a 3rd dat file I thought set up a .ext file with them all in.

I created the .ext file and added the unit id to the override, AB creator flagged up error to say that an override with that index is already present (index was 0). That was due to me being dumb and not deleting the override from the original dat file.

Went in and deleted the dat file override, tried to add the override to the .ext file again and got same error message. Changed the unit id in the ext file to remove the error, saved everything, force compiled AB and tried again with the original unit id and index 0 - same error message.

Went into the game system data folder and deleted the .abz files, force compile again - same error.

Went into the .ext file and changed the index to 1 and this cleared the error, changed back to index 0 again and it came up with error.

Sorry for complex explanation but wanted t oget the error detail info in on how I created it

thanks
Harkan_again is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old June 20th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Quick update - seems like I went on the wrong route a bit - I then created a new override in the same .ext file for a different unit id with no overrides in the original .dat file. The .ext file reported the same error message of an override exists with the same index (index was 0) - changed the index and it all worked properly.

Each subsequent override created in the .ext threw same error until the index was changed (just to confirm there was no override in the .ext file with index of 0)
Harkan_again is offline   #2 Reply With Quote