Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LooseCannon

Old August 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Background:
Selecting offhand on a cyber limb and adding weapons, the added weapons' dice pool calculations are as if they are main hand. You cannot select "Off" on the Weapons tab for these weapons either.

Steps to Recreate:
Add a cyber arm (any sort) to a character. Added a Spur, Hand Blade or Hand Razors. Toggle cyber arm to "Off hand".

The cyberlimb weapon is added as a weapon automatically to the Weapons tab, without the "Off" option selected. Dice pool values are calculated as if the weapon was Main hand. Additionally, selection of "off" hand is not possible (it simply ignores the selection and goes back to '-').

Other Thoughts:
It is minor, but without the ability to toggle the "Off" option on the Weapons tab, the dice pool calculations are incorrect and unable to be corrected at the same time.
LooseCannon is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old August 17th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Completed input of original character data for an old character; locked character creation and started to use the journal to input the character's history. After I clicked <Add New Journal Entry> I received a validation error message: "Starting Resources BP: Resource Overspent: 637900 of 250000". His actual cash on hand is 10657517. The first journal entry was for his inheritance. The cash entry limit for the button is 99999, but it allows you to enter additional amounts until you get to the desired total for that journal entry. I found the karma, Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Awareness buttons do the same thing, after I got the error message & poked around a bit. Once the error popped up the amount overspent would go up each time I opened the edit boxes on any item of gear, augmentation, armor, or matrix tab that had been purchased during creation. This would happen whether I made upgrades to the item, or canceled out of the box without making changes to it.
CeaDawg is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
crowofpyke

Old August 18th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeaDawg View Post
Completed input of original character data for an old character; locked character creation and started to use the journal to input the character's history. After I clicked <Add New Journal Entry> I received a validation error message: "Starting Resources BP: Resource Overspent: 637900 of 250000". His actual cash on hand is 10657517. The first journal entry was for his inheritance. The cash entry limit for the button is 99999, but it allows you to enter additional amounts until you get to the desired total for that journal entry. I found the karma, Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Awareness buttons do the same thing, after I got the error message & poked around a bit. Once the error popped up the amount overspent would go up each time I opened the edit boxes on any item of gear, augmentation, armor, or matrix tab that had been purchased during creation. This would happen whether I made upgrades to the item, or canceled out of the box without making changes to it.
Editing or updating equipment you bought at creation once the character is locked for advancement and then getting errors on that is a known issue. Here is my post on the issue from earlier in the thread:
If you modify equipment you bought during creation after it is locked down, the system still thinks you are in creation for that item and will through a complaint/warning up.

Steps to Reproduce:
0. Load a character portfolio still in Creation
1. Go to the Matrix tab
2. Purchase a Commlink
3. Buy enough enough gear to be JUST under the $ threshold for the character
4. Lock out Creation on the Advances tab.
5. Go back to that Commlink and choose to EDIT that gear.
6. Choose the 'Add Programs' option
7. Add a rating 6 program to your Commlink

Result: You will get a "Starting Resources BP: Resource Overspent: <$$$ overspent>" error/warning

NOTE: This does NOT happen in this example if you use the "Add Programs" link under "Programs In Data Storage" area.

WORKAROUND: You are trying to modify/upgrade an item you purchased at creation, such as goggles that you want to add Thermographic to (as an example). You could sell the original item for its full value so you lose no $$$, then buy a new item with all the features you are adding/buying.
crowofpyke is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
forge_24

Old August 22nd, 2011, 03:12 PM
I was entering new ranged weapons and noticed that you can only select a single mode of fire instead of multiple ones. You should be able to select multiple firing modes for a single weapon.
forge_24 is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Quote:
3) If you have already removed the wireless and RFID option from the base cyberlimb there should be an option to automatically relay those settings to sub modifications.
To get this effect, before you purchase the cyberlimb, find the line on the bottom right in gray that starts with "Defaults: " - click the wrench and hammer icon to the left of that and change the wireless and RFID on/off defaults. Then, while you're purchasing the cyberware, the same settings will apply to the modifications you purchase. Just remember to change the defaults back before moving on to your next purchase.
I don't think this actually works. I bought an armored vest with the defaults off as suggested above. And the item still had the rfid & wireless enabled.
nylanfs is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:26 PM
Bug in the Journal Tab: Street Cred issue: When I put in -X 0<x<infinity for street cred it won't decrease the street cred to below Karma/10 rounded down. When Street Cred is higher than this it will decrease, the Karma/10 thing is being read as a lower limit for some reason.
RavenX is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
JohnMatrix

Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
A quick report. When outputting an active hero to BBCode the Sony Emperor Commlink is misspelled "Emperer".

Can anyone confirm the the damage track is calculated properly when the hero is saved as a .pdf rather than printed from Hero Lab. A friend indicated it was only two columns wide rather than the three it should be.
JohnMatrix is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Protector152

Old August 24th, 2011, 02:36 AM
did they take Low Pain Tolerance? if so then the damage track is right since Low Pain Tolerance makes the negative modifiers every two boxes instead of every three.
Protector152 is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old August 24th, 2011, 04:48 PM
What's the rating for when buying lifestyles?
nylanfs is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old August 24th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Can't add cash to a Certified Credstick (ie I have one at each Safehouse with 2000 nuyen on it for quick getaways.

Can't add more than one spare clip to a gun (note I typically carry three clips for my main gun).

Last edited by nylanfs; August 24th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
nylanfs is offline   #40 Reply With Quote