Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

drakahn

Old April 2nd, 2007, 05:09 AM
i know your probably working hard on this and cant exactly pin a date down on this, however can you give us an idea, early summer, late summer after gencon or something similar? im holding off on buying herlabs until you get the editor done or the new world of darkness datasets done wich ever comes first.

thanks
drakahn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:05 PM
At 06:09 AM 4/2/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
i know your probably working hard on this and cant exactly pin a date down on this, however can you give us an idea, early summer, late summer after gencon or something similar? im holding off on buying herlabs until you get the editor done or the new world of darkness datasets done wich ever comes first.
There are substantial factors outside of our control in this, so I'm not going to provide anything definitive. My best guess is that we'll begin submitting material for review and comment by White Wolf at some point in May. However, we expect White Wolf to take a close interest in how the data files look and behave for World of Darkness. The review process may be fast or slow. They may love what we put together for initial review, or they may hate it. If they hate it, it will likely be months before we get stuff put together that they love. If they love it, we save a huge chunk of time off the process. Once White Wolf likes a preliminary set of data files, we then start the iterative refinement process. That could be quick, or it could take many iterations. It really depends on how closely our vision matches White Wolf's vision in the initial files we submit for review. We'll be meeting with White Wolf in person at a show later this month to do our best to get on the same page prior to that initial review.

I'm hopeful that we'll have the Vampire data files out this summer, but the actual release could be as early as June or as late as October, depending largely on the review process and the changes we need to make.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
drakahn

Old April 2nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
thank you for clarifying that!
that helps alot. am i correct in assuming you will be suporting werewolf, mage and promethian following the vampire release, i beleive that with minimal conversion the mortal characters would be supported. one request in this is that you would include suport for converting mortals to one of the other wod systems instead of having to re enter all the data, however it is probably too soon to speculate on that
drakahn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 4th, 2007, 08:54 PM
At 11:53 PM 4/2/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
that helps alot. am i correct in assuming you will be suporting werewolf, mage and promethian following the vampire release, i beleive that with minimal conversion the mortal characters would be supported. one request in this is that you would include suport for converting mortals to one of the other wod systems instead of having to re enter all the data, however it is probably too soon to speculate on that
Our license with WW technically covers the entire WoD. However, WW has final say on what we can/can't do. The plan discussed thus far has been to get Vampire operational and then assess the other WoD titles, but the working objective is to support all of the WoD systems. We're definitely designing things with the goal of having them crossover smoothly, but it's too early to say anything definitive about what we will/won't be able to achieve in that regard.

-Rob
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old April 7th, 2007, 08:42 PM
You also know, of course, that the upcoming Scion is going to have some people wanting coverage for it, and the nWoD version of Changeling is coming out as well. And then there are the Mortal-level nWoD campaign settings like Precinct 13.
MPHopcroft is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 7th, 2007, 10:10 PM
At 09:42 PM 4/7/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
You also know, of course, that the upcoming Scion is going to have some people wanting coverage for it, and the nWoD version of Changeling is coming out as well. And then there are the Mortal-level nWoD campaign settings like Precinct 13.
Yep. I don't expect it to be easy. But I do hope that we can orchestrate it such that is all goes relatively smoothly. :->
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote