Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

bodrin

Old April 8th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Sendric I'm aware of the usesource tag. However after trying both the original complete arcane and my altered version the source becomes detached from the menu screen it's still available as comparcane but not sorted to the d&d books placeholder.

This appeared after removing spells from the complete arcane compiled file as the replaces id mechanism is vetoed for community file data integrity and the spell compendium updated and duplicated some spells!

Thats the problem not the source tag, it still exists but in the wrong place on the configure hero screen!

I use Dreamweaver to edit the files outside of HeroLab so a full find and replace is always available!
bodrin is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 8th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Never mind, I'm at work so I don't have access to the editor but it looks like the original compiled file has some data quirk that was overwritten when I deleted a spell and retagged it to spell compendium.
I can sort this out later. Was very late when I worked on it last night too tired to think straight!
bodrin is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 8th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Ok, sorry to explain something you knew about, but I think the quirk is that when you source something in the editor it doesn't do the full tag. At least, that's been my experience.
Sendric is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 8th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Source is something I do keep any eye on when we make changes so I can always fix issues like this if needed. In this case I see what is happening. HL only has the parent= tag on ONE line in the Data set. All others just reference it. So if you deleted a Thing that had
Code:
<usesource source="CompPsi" parent="p35" name="Complete Psionics"/>
then everything would fall back to the Default location (ie User) and the description would be the source name.

The fix is rather easy actually. Just use a text editor to edit one <usesource> tag, I usually take the first file first line, and change the usesource to
Code:
<usesource source="CompPsi" parent="p35" name="Complete Psionics"/>
then all the rest will inherit the correct parent source then.

Something I have wanted to do for a while now was a create ONE Source Control file with dummy Simple Things that would control the Parent. Its what I should have done in the first place but hind sight is always 20/20.

Then this current issue would not be coming up now but its a major job as I would have to edit/change EVERY .user file in the whole data set. I have a regular expression tool now that can help but it still has to be done very carefully. Something to think about for 1.6 or 2.0.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 18th, 2011, 07:56 AM
So I know Lawful_G is doing MM creatures again. What is anyone else working on for 1.5?

Anyone have a time table at all for when they think they will have their 1.5 stuff done? Not in any hurry or rushing people. Just I have an idea how to fix Sources in a more permanent way so we don't have the issue that Bodrin found. Though I will need the complete 1.5 stuff in a Freeze mode before I could do it. As it will require a change I think to every .user file again.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 18th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I'm working on some stuff for Complete Psionics, but I have no idea how long it will take me. I just don't have a consistent amount of time on a daily or even weekly basis. If I can, I'll try to get feats done this week or next.
Sendric is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 18th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I just don't have a consistent amount of time on a daily or even weekly basis. If I can, I'll try to get feats done this week or next.
Yep totally understand and just asking for a best guess. I was in no way asking people to hurry at all.

Just trying to figure out my own timeline as I will need everyone else done with 1.5 before I could get around to fixing the Sources is all.

So again no hurry just asking for a very rough guess is all.

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I am just finishing the Vermin Appendix, I can have the seperate files in dropbox in about 2 days. A couple more to combine them into one.
Lawful_g is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old April 19th, 2011, 05:09 AM
I am placing the latest batch of my files into the dropbox for release 1.5. I am now done with the Monster Manual races.

For v1.6 I will compile them into a single file, code the functional Ability Focus Feat, and work on adding Extra HD easily.
Lawful_g is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old April 19th, 2011, 05:14 AM
A note for the record, included in v1.5 is the ability to suppress and replace creature types/subtypes. See the note in the MM - Creature types Compiled file.
Lawful_g is offline   #20 Reply With Quote