Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old May 13th, 2016, 05:08 PM
I am implementing favored class bonuses for the Spheres of Power classes, and I've noticed an odd problem. Having created and bootstrapped an FCB, I can add it to a character and it performs its job just fine. However, I've noticed that if I reload the portfolio, any class levels that have a custom FCB selected loses that FCB, and instead it defaults to the bonus skill point.

I suspect that this has to do with the fact that I am bootstrapping my FCB's from a Mechanic instead of from the classes they attach to. In fact I know it does, because I tested bootstrapping them to the classes and this problem went away. But since this is intended for a paid expansion, putting them on the classes directly would require me to maintain two different class files. Eew.

Something I noticed that gives me hope, though: I made a copy of the Human Fighter FCB, changed its text to make it distinct from the original, and bootstrapped it to the same mechanic to test it out. That one worked fine - the selection persisted through multiple reloads as expected. So it seems like FCB's should be able to work this way.

Anyone have any experience with this? It feels like a timing issue to me, but I haven't been able to figure out how to confirm/disprove that.
TheIronGolem is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 13th, 2016, 06:27 PM
I had this exact problem before with some FC. I am trying to remeber how I fixed it. I think I had to remove the source from the mechanic.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old May 22nd, 2016, 08:09 PM
Huh. Yeah, that did it all right. Thanks Shadow, I don't think that ever would have occurred to me.

EDIT: Wait, now it's not working...what the heck?

EDIT 2: Oh, I see. I need to take the source off of the mechanic AND the FCB. Bummer, but at least it works.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; May 22nd, 2016 at 08:45 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #3 Reply With Quote