Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old August 25th, 2018, 10:42 AM
I have a custom component that includes the Tracker component in its compset. I've noticed that picks of my component are receiving the Helper.SpcNotWorn and Helper.SpcDisable tags, but only when they are bootstrapped by another pick.

From testing, the tags appear to be applied at Pre-Levels/10000 by Eval Script #2 on the Tracker component. I assume something is making that component script think the pick needs to be disabled, but I don't know what that would be. I've experimented with stripping away the scripts from my component, but that hasn't turned up a culprit so far. Anyone have any insight as to what the Tracker component looks for when deciding whether to disable a pick?
TheIronGolem is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 25th, 2018, 11:43 AM
The tracker goes after its Parent or Root and then based on its component type decides if the tracker should be hidden or not. As your custom component does not fall into the "known" components it gets hidden.

You can add the tag of "Helper.AlwaysAvl" to the parent or root Pick to prevent the disabling/hiding of the Tracker.

I think that is your best bet as you won't be able to modify the Tracker component script to add in your new components.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old August 25th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Ah, that makes sense. And thanks for telling me about that tag. That sounds like a more elegant solution than I had been settling for - which was to use scripts immediately before and after Pre-Levels/10000 to undo the disable tag if it was placed.
TheIronGolem is offline   #3 Reply With Quote