Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Asandir

Old January 10th, 2015, 08:13 AM
Was just sitting here working with Realm Works and had a thought occur to me and wondered if anyone else had thought about it.

Let's just keep it simple for the moment and assume that the CRB for Pathfinder is available through the Content Market is some way, shape or form and we now have all the Skills as content in Realm Works.

Another product comes along and hey I want to add that. So for this example let us assume, 101 New Skill Uses by Rite Publishing. Do you modify the existing Skill that came from the CRB and add additional tags to it? Create a whole new skill that just has the Rite material in it? How do you designate which content came from CRB and which from 101 NSU if combining under one skill? Same really goes for any other content that a 3PP has modified, for their Campaign Setting, their world rules etc.

And final thought, if the CRB material is modified by Lone Wolf in the Content Market, how does that sync back up with our potentially modified content?

Thanks for your consideration.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old January 10th, 2015, 11:37 AM
I think any speculation on this topic is premature until we actually see the marketplace solution.

No one can say anything productive because we have ZERO details on how things will work.
MaxSupernova is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old January 10th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
I think any speculation on this topic is premature until we actually see the marketplace solution.

No one can say anything productive because we have ZERO details on how things will work.
I don't disagree with you, but wanted to put it out there as something to think about.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 10th, 2015, 09:50 PM
I will want to merge material. And I will want to rewrite material. And I will want to split material into multiple topics. I'm not sure if I get what I want....

My greatest fear with the Marketplace is that if we use published material and mix it with our own that we will poison our material making it unshareable in the future. I'm hoping that copyright materials magically disappear from shared material unless the recipient also owns it.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old January 10th, 2015, 10:18 PM
If I had to guess:

Content coming from the Market will have Protection, like the Global Categories and Tag Domains. Once you remove Protection from a Topic/Article, that item will no longer be automatically updated from its source but you will be able to make changes to it.

When you put content on the Market you'll get to choose a bunch of permissions. These are likely to include allowing purchasers to remove Protection, Print/Export that content, Reshare it, and so on.

(If you're going "Well, duh!" then I don't blame you. As was already said, it's hard to say anything productive until we know more about what features will be available for everyone to use and also how the content producers intend to use those features.)

Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote