Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pollution

Old April 28th, 2008, 05:02 AM
See topic. lol

Personally, I want:

System changes (i.e. TT to LARP) able to be made.
Character Sheet Customization (i.e. 2 page print outs designed by the user, rolls on one side, stats on the other).
The ability to change already inserted data (i.e. a discipline that's different in LARP than it is in TT without making a "Vigor - LARP" power and having to remember to take that one not Vigor"
The Ability to put other systems on the sheet (i.e. running speed, Celerity Running Speed, Vigor Running Speed, Celerity + Vigor Running Speed, Protean 4 running speed, ect... all in one section or "box" on the back side of the sheet type thing).

So, what can we expect? Can I do all that?

Furthermore, can I change some systems NOW. Much like the Requiem for Rome setting, can I make "LARP" settings? Changing the way running speed is calculated for example?
Pollution is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
krathen

Old April 28th, 2008, 03:39 PM
What exactly are the changes between LARP and Table Top? I haven't found anything in the system that would require any changes beyond purely cosmetic? Am I missing something?
krathen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Leaps-from-Shadows

Old April 29th, 2008, 06:59 PM
LARP (MET) has changes to XP costs for increasing stats and powers - this is a hotly contested point whenever someone asks how much a Merit costs. There are other changes, but I don't know what they are.

From shadows we come to bring order in chaos
To balance darkness and light into harmony
I am the Judge and the Jury; my pack are the Executioners
Leaps-from-Shadows is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 30th, 2008, 06:18 AM
From what I remember, the only XP change is in how merits are bought. Other than that, the costs are the same.
FifthWanderer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old April 30th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Well, some powers work differently in LARP as opposed to TT. Speed is calculated differently (in LARP it's Str+Dex+Base= running speed, or if you've got everything that can boost speed, it's Str+Dex+fleet of foot+Celerity+Vigor = X then X*2 for the total run speed) that calculation is different in LARP. I'm not 100% sure which merits cost differently in TT vs. LARP (I'll have to check on that, didn't know that happened). Some powers work differently (a BIT).

It's all very close, but it's just different enough to warrant a plugin.
Pollution is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
At 06:02 AM 4/28/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
System changes (i.e. TT to LARP) able to be made.
This may require access to pieces of the WoD files that won't be easy to expose independently of the rest of the data files. So I'm not certain if this will be possible. I'll have to give this some thought. *We* can make those changes in-house, but I'm not sure if users will be able to.

Quote:
Character Sheet Customization (i.e. 2 page print outs designed by the user, rolls on one side, stats on the other).
This should definitely be possible.

Quote:
The ability to change already inserted data (i.e. a discipline that's different in LARP than it is in TT without making a "Vigor - LARP" power and having to remember to take that one not Vigor"
This is ALREADY possible. You can wholly replace an existing thing with your own. Within the Editor, you'll see the "Replaces Id" field on things. If you enter the id of an existing thing, your new thing will essentially "become" the original thing. All references to the original thing will automatically reference your new replacement thing.

So you can easily change Vigor to be your own version and never see the original Vigor again. Just create a copy of Vigor within the Editor. Give it a new unique id and make whatever changes are appropriate. Then enter the id of the original Vigor into the "Replaces Id" field. Save and test. Go add a new Discipline to your character and you'll see exactly one Vigor listed - your new one. Any other things that reference the original Vigor thing will instead refer to your new replacement - automatically.

Quote:
The Ability to put other systems on the sheet (i.e. running speed, Celerity Running Speed, Vigor Running Speed, Celerity + Vigor Running Speed, Protean 4 running speed, ect... all in one section or "box" on the back side of the sheet type thing).
This should be possible with the Kit.

Quote:
Furthermore, can I change some systems NOW. Much like the Requiem for Rome setting, can I make "LARP" settings? Changing the way running speed is calculated for example?
You can't do this stuff now, as the mechanisms for that haven't been publicly documented yet. Over the past many months, we've been massively revising and refining the mechanisms to make simpler, faster, and more intuitive. The release of the Kit will be when we make all this stuff publicly accessible - we're nearing that point now.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old May 1st, 2008, 05:06 PM
That's all great to hear Rob, thank you so much for taking the time to keep responding to these posts.

I never knew about the "replaces" ID thing. That should help a lot depending on how fast the new tools come out and when I'm completely ready to use this thing on a massive scale.

Again, thanks so much!
Pollution is offline   #7 Reply With Quote