Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Dane Bramage

Old November 16th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Did a quick search, so I hope this isn't a repost.

Can anyone point me to a customized character record sheet for Pathfinder? Really don't like the default sheet that HL prints (no offense to the developers... great product overall).

Done some Google searches and have not found anything.

Note to Devs... i think your users would love to see you have the game system output a sheet that looks like the one that comes with the game.

Anywho... any help on this would be much appreciated.
Dane Bramage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM
If you mean a sheet HL prints that is different, it doesn't exist. I think they are working on making a customizable char sheet.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old December 4th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Amen to customizable outputs. Back when I used to use another program, we recreated Art's sheet (with permission, IIRC). I'm so used to that sheet (and being able to change it if I want). Any comment from the dev's, maybe?

http://www.users.qwest.net/~aturban/eTools/ArtsCRS2.htm
Ambush is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old December 8th, 2010, 04:54 AM
*BUMP* In desperate hopes that someone in dev-land will comment. The current printed character sheet makes me sad.
Ambush is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Vrischika111

Old December 8th, 2010, 05:15 AM
yep an interface using a customizable xslt to change the layout of the XML-output of D20Pro ? it generates an HTML file, but at least, you can choose (more or less) which field goes where.
Vrischika111 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old December 8th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Wow. I didn't know that it exported in xml. Had I known that, I probably already would have been looking into an xslt transform. I did parts of that for another (now defunct) generator.
Ambush is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2010, 12:18 PM
A major objective for the HL 3.7 update next year is to generate more extensive XML output for every game system, which would then allow everyone to write their own XSLT transforms and share them for fully customizable output. We're adding this to our Army Builder product right now, but HL is much more complicated due to the substantive differences between all the various game systems.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old December 9th, 2010, 03:31 PM
How is this going to be implemented? I mean, is it going to be fairly straight-forward to use this feature even for those of us who are XML-fu impaired?

I've been hearing promises of these changes for a long time, but haven't seen any tangible output. Higher-level characters are especially sad to see, as some information gets shunted to another page and other info gets crowded. Even just making the font size smaller would help some of the issues (I don't know how easy that would be for y'all to do), but again, I'm wary of the new changes in that I have no skills whatsoever with XML and am rather frustrated by the current output.

Let me just add, though, that I'm completely hopeful and really love the product. It's easy to use and has actually taught me a thing or two about rules. I also love the tactical console and have used it once or twice when I had the luxury of using my laptop for game-play (which I hardly ever have, hence the need for a decently printed sheet).
Kinnakeeter is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 9th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeeter View Post
How is this going to be implemented? I mean, is it going to be fairly straight-forward to use this feature even for those of us who are XML-fu impaired?
This was my first worry on reading Rob's post as well. I love HL for a LOT of reasons, one of which is ease of use. Of course, if there's no way to implement customizable sheets other than XML without venturing into programming realms beyond the scope of the product then I'll continue to muddle through as I have been. But if it can be made easy, that would be awesome!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
This was my first worry on reading Rob's post as well. I love HL for a LOT of reasons, one of which is ease of use. Of course, if there's no way to implement customizable sheets other than XML without venturing into programming realms beyond the scope of the product then I'll continue to muddle through as I have been. But if it can be made easy, that would be awesome!
From what I got from Rob's and Colen's posts was that these custom sheets can be shared. Just like how .user files and portfolios can be shared. So hopefully a few people who can work with the XML layouts will create custom sheets and then share those with the community at large.

At least until I expect HL to make a more user friendly GUI interface to customizing the sheets.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote