Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 5th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Barring any major surprises, the plan is for Mac licenses to work just like Windows licenses. In other words, a license is a license, and you can put it on one computer, whether it be Mac or Windows. Things get more interesting when you consider the iPad and other devices that have a completely different mechanism for handling them. We're still weighing the options for those platforms and considering all possible alternatives.
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old July 6th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Barring any major surprises, the plan is for Mac licenses to work just like Windows licenses. In other words, a license is a license, and you can put it on one computer, whether it be Mac or Windows. Things get more interesting when you consider the iPad and other devices that have a completely different mechanism for handling them. We're still weighing the options for those platforms and considering all possible alternatives.
On that basis, if I have a standard license which includes a secondary computer license, could I then use one of those for a windows machine and one for a Mac?
Mr_Rose is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 6th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rose View Post
On that basis, if I have a standard license which includes a secondary computer license, could I then use one of those for a windows machine and one for a Mac?
That is indeed the objective. The licensing technology we utilize should make this possible. We need to get further along in the Mac port before we can verify this will work, but we believe it should.
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old July 6th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Don't do it Rob! I've resisted buying a iPad so far but if you put out Army Builder or Hero Labs on the iPad then I'll have to buy one and curse you for all eternity!

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old July 6th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I would love to see AB on Mac. Then I might actually stop using my PC for everything else but gaming.
gilvagor is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old July 6th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Funny thing is, so many times I hear complaints on why they don't use HL or AB is because it only runs on Windows. It seems SO many gamers out there use Linux.

To bad you couldn't have coded and made this work in Java.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old July 7th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Funny thing is, so many times I hear complaints on why they don't use HL or AB is because it only runs on Windows. It seems SO many gamers out there use Linux.

To bad you couldn't have coded and made this work in Java.
By the time they get round to the Android port it will kind of have to...
Mr_Rose is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old July 7th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Good gods...thank gods it's not in Java. Who cares if it's not OS dependent. Most Java apps suck monkey balls. You have to pick your client base. Windows is the most dominant OS out there regardless of it being a good OS or not. It's sheer numbers and numbers = money. While I would like to see a Mac port which in turn would probably mean an iPad/IPhone/IPod port It's not going to hinder me from buying it or using it. Just convince of having it on multiple OS's.

Linux is one of those extremely niche OS's. It's great for those who know how to use it and know what to do with it but I don't really see it taking over the Windows market. Sure Windows my loose people and sure Linux may grow but at the end of the day Windows is still the top dog.

I have a netbook which has AB installed. It's portable for me. Now if they do come out with an I(whatever) that might sway me to actually purchase the hardware (as I don't have one).

I just hate Java and would hate to see AB go Java.
gilvagor is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old July 7th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Actually, Linux's problem isn't that it's a niche OS; it's that it is in fact several dozen niche operating systems that share a common kernel but occasionally very little else, up to and including file system...

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
amrogers3

Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:33 AM
Are you for real? You guys really making an MAC OS version?
amrogers3 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote