Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Seregil

Old December 10th, 2014, 03:15 PM
The Storyboard is probably one of the most important features for me in RW. However, the lack of linking and formatting in the Plot description and the plot point description is a serious limitation.

Adding such functionality there would greatly increase the usefulness of the Storyboard.
Seregil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old December 11th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Yes, +1.

Also, I really want a "GM Note" for the storyboard elements. I like to put stuff in the description for my own use, but don't want players to see it. The pop-up functionality of the note is very useful -- but I don't want to reveal it all to players.
meek75 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old December 11th, 2014, 10:39 AM
+1 to this, and +1 to meek's GM note on storyboard suggestion. That was a "gotcha" for me when my players first linked to the realm.
Chemlak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 11th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Adding the GM notes to plots and plot nodes is on the short list for the near term.

Providing full rich text and linking throughout plots is a much bigger task and I'm curious what additional benefits it really provides. The current concept is that plots are great place to summarize things. For more depth of information, the idea is that topics are associated with plot points. Most commonly, either a Storyline or Scene topic would we associated with a given plot point. That's where all the details about it would go, including the ability to have individual elements be revealable and full linking. I'm guessing that the moment we start putting some of that functionality into plot points, we'll start down a slippery slope and ultimately end up having to replicate all that functionality within the context of plot points. That doesn't seem all that productive.

One of the things we want to do is better integrate plot points with scene topics, so maybe that's really the proper solution here. Thoughts???
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Seregil

Old December 11th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Yippee!!! I'm on the short list!!! Oh, wait....

Seriously Rob, you make a good point about the plot points linking the scenes or storylines.

My main "need" for the rich text and linking is in the descriptions, both of the Plot as a whole and in the Plot Points. When I type in the descriptions, I find it useful that all the relevant links appear. As for the rich text, well, it helps with the descriptions and formatting them in a useful fashion.

Now, to be honest, maybe I'm just spoiled and, when used in practice (I'm not there yet), the links to the scenes and storylines will be sufficient. If it's a big deal, then,ok, I can live without it.

I might recommend the Rich Text functionality be added if only to permit good formatting of the descriptions. As for full linking, I assume that's more of a big deal and is only on my "nice to have" list.
Seregil is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old December 12th, 2014, 05:31 PM
I find the pop up of the description to be a really helpful way to review plot points or even quickly remind myself what's going on at any particular point without having to jump around to a dozen different entries. The GM notes being there will really help me in this regard. The linking and formatting would be nice, but not must haves. One reason formatting would be nice is just the ability to Bold, underline, and highlight makes it easy to pull out key info quickly. I agree that we don't want to get too carried away in these description boxes, the linked topic is where we should put the details. I'm thrilled to hear GM notes in storyboards on a list!
meek75 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote