Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Blightana

Old September 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GymProFit View Post
Summoner (Synthesist archetype)

Extra Evolution Feat
- This is currently grayed out
- If selected, it does not increase the Fused Eidolon's Evolution Pool
- If selected, it generates the error message: Eidolon Required

Half-Elf Synthesist Favored Class bonus (+1/4 Evolution Pool)
- If selected (for any multiple of 4 times), this dos not increase the Fused Eidolon's Evolution Pool

I didn't think anything about either of those combinations, until one of my players showed me this post on the Paizo Blog where designer Sean K Reynolds points toward the line in the archetype description that reads: "In all other cases, this ability functions as the summoner's normal eidolon ability..."
From what I can tell this is an error in the fact that the builder does not give you an Eidolon as a synthesis it mearly runs a seperate overlay for that part of the character mods, that the class power "cSumFusEid" not "cEidolon" since at 16th level it then adds "cEidolon" as a class feature. This is just a guess. This happens for any feat requiring an Eidolon. I have tried to make a fix for it but since I am missing one key structure to figure it out, when you add a point to "hero.childfound[cEidolon].minion.child[resRaceCus].field[resMax].value" it does not also add to "hero.childfound[cSumFusEid].minion.child[resRaceCus].field[resLeft].value". I'm am sure that I'm off here because, I am not really sure if "hero.childfound[cSumFusEid].minion.child[resRaceCus].field[resLeft].value" is correct since it does not work when I make a Test Feat to try is. Though I can fix the red out for the requirements pretty easy. I am also not sure on how the interaction will affect the other arctypes. I think that most things that add to eidolon can be added to a synthsis in this way by just knowing the right location to add it in at.

Reference for Interactions on Synthsis and regular Eidolons found:
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fz#v5748eaic9o7n
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Synthesist

Quote from Sean K Reynolds,
Feat Qualification: Does the fused eidolon qualify as an "eidolon class ability" for feat qualifications? Yes. Since the Ultimate Magic and Ultimate Combat books do not contain a feat that requires a "fused eidolon", the fused eidolon qualifies as a normal eidolon for feat selection.
—LPF Judge Vote Aug 28, 2011
Then later, a confirmation:
From the archetype:
"In all other cases, this ability functions as the summoner's normal eidolon ability..."
—Sean K Reynolds, Nov 11, 2011
Blightana is offline   #321
Sketchpad

Old September 19th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Shouldn't the Bandolier be a container?

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #322
BenRislove

Old September 19th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Eidolon's flight evolutions have an option to increase their fly speed; I'm not super good with the editor, how do I add an evolution?

Currently I'm just leaving an evolution point unspent, and added 20 ft to the fly speed as an adjustment, but it looks a little awkward for PFS usage.
BenRislove is offline   #323
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Yes, there are some issues with fused Eidolons (and adding fused eidolons broke the improved natural armor evolution that had previously been working). There is no need to quote massive sections of text. Just report the errors. If someone else has reported it already, there is no need to report it again.
Mathias is offline   #324
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Add the flight evolution that's there multiple times - HL will calculate the correct speed based on the number that are added.
Mathias is offline   #325
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 19th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Multitalented mastery isn't actually giving me any additional skill points or hit points even though it shows the selections on the Class tab.
blzbob is offline   #326
Angela2013

Old September 19th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2013 View Post
I have been working with the ARG and with each thing I pick ro racial abilitys I get the following error.

Attempt to access container from script with no ability to do so
Location: 'pre-requisite rule' script for Component Set 'CustRaceTr' near line 12
- - -
Location: 'pre-requisite rule' script for Component Set 'CustRaceTr' near line 12
- - -

This time it was repeated 3 times other times 6-8 times.

If I just ignore everthing seems to work right, just concerned.

Well everything is not fine now with the update. Now I am also getting the following error on any tab that I click:

Try to adjust abilities I get the error everytime I click an arrow to change the numbers, when adding to skills, adding feats and traits. it is everywhere. It also won't allow quadreped to be chosen, keeps saying that needs a race with more than 20 points to be chosen.

All other characters are working fine, it is just all of the custom races that are screwed.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.

Last edited by Angela2013; September 19th, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Angela2013 is offline   #327
Dwayne

Old September 19th, 2012, 09:50 PM
I hope this helps. After I made a change to a character and saved it I no longer get error messages. All of the characters now load without an error message.
Dwayne is offline   #328
BenRislove

Old September 19th, 2012, 10:09 PM
well that kinda works, except that it is only supposed to cost 1 point per 20 feet. so you're paying double by that method!
BenRislove is offline   #329
lothar_wolf

Old September 20th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I dont know if this has been recorded here but while creating a dwarven crusader cleric and hero lab allowed me to add 3 dwarven heritage traits. Should only be allowed one.
lothar_wolf is offline   #330
Closed Thread