Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jaynay27

Old December 11th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Hello all,

Like so many of you I have been playing around with Realm Works and intend to fully migrate our current (RotRL) game completely to RW for information management etc.

I was wondering if any of you have experience with play-by-post/play-by-email games, and if so what were your thoughts about using RW for these sorts of games?

I haven't played, let alone GM'ed a PbP game yet, but I have been doing a fair bit of research about these sorts of games and it would *seem* to be a perfect fit, in conjunction with an appropriate forum for the in-game stuff.
Player sharing, once implemented, would be invaluable too.

So - What are your thoughts? Any advice or suggestions welcome here, as I go through the formative stages of (hopefully) starting up an PbP game (probably World of Darkness related. God I love what they are doing with WOD ).

Thankyou.

Jaynay27.

Last edited by Jaynay27; December 11th, 2013 at 12:12 AM.
Jaynay27 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old December 11th, 2013, 03:35 AM
This is how I will be using it. I don't run face-to-face sessions anymore, since some of my players live out-of-state. It's all done with a forum. Although we do schedule a Roll20 session when we need combat.

Even though original design intent for Realm Works was for face-to-face sit-down sessions, a great many features will still be very viable for the non-session style of PbP play.

The Player View feature will be the one main feature that does not translate well outside of a face-to-face sit-down session. But there will still be convenient ways to show "recently revealed" information by creating links to it.

I don't have access to the software yet, so there might be some other things I missed, but - to me - that was the largest piece.

Oh, also. If you run a campaign where not all players learn everything at the same time - only player A knows about something, and the other players don't - that functionality isn't currently supported, but it is in the works.
lifer4700 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote