Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

nightpanda2810

Old July 5th, 2017, 11:38 AM
I've had the opportunity to play with a Microsoft Surface for work, and now I'm thinking of getting one to use in-game, as I currently use my massive 17in gaming laptop, lol.

The ONLY thing so far that makes me hesitate, is the damage tracking.

Currently, when you hit the heal/damage button it resets the input number back to 0. I realize this is by design, due to having one spot to track lethal and non-lethal damage, and to prevent accidentally double-clicking.

Anyone know of a way to make this simpler?

My first thought is a custom tracked resource/ability, but that seems a bit clunky.

I may do it anyway and just track damage a different way, only updating HL at the end of each session.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old July 5th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Can you provide a screenshot? The Windows GUI that I see is fairly straight forward.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 5th, 2017, 11:49 AM
It is, however I need to type in a number each time my HP changes. What I'd like to do is set it to 1 by default, so I can heal/take damage by tapping the screen without needing to type the number in the box every time.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old July 5th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Hmm, you know, it's not like there isn't room for increment and decrement arrows below the lethal and nonlethal sections. On the other hand, at higher levels that's a lot of tapping.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old July 5th, 2017, 08:36 PM
Simple enough for arrows though, could have single arrows for +/- 1 and double for +/- 10
willuwontu is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 5th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Hmm, you know, it's not like there isn't room for increment and decrement arrows below the lethal and nonlethal sections. On the other hand, at higher levels that's a lot of tapping.
inc/dec arrows that are big enough for a touch screen use up quite a bit of screen real-estate.
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 7th, 2017, 08:20 AM
My temporary solution is to have onenote up in draw mode on 1/3 of the screen for tracking HP. Out of combat? Adjust manually.

That said, the buttons would be great, they don't even need to be designed with touch-screen in mind. I find I can use it just fine on the in-play tab for incrementing things.

Only other issue, is when clicking on something to read about it, if it has a scroll bar you can't scroll it at all without a mouse. Easily worked around though.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old July 8th, 2017, 07:05 AM
I feel your pain... I've been asking for the UI to recognize touch screen input for years.

If it would just pop up the "soft keyboard" (preferably in number mode) when you click any input box, it would go a LONG way to making HL touch friendly...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old July 17th, 2017, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
I feel your pain... I've been asking for the UI to recognize touch screen input for years.

If it would just pop up the "soft keyboard" (preferably in number mode) when you click any input box, it would go a LONG way to making HL touch friendly...
This annoys me for sure, lol.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Angela2013

Old July 17th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Yes there are still things to improve on with Hero Lab on the Surface, but I still love the surface.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote