Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 5th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Even if you added something new to "Special Sources For Roll", you couldn't get into the back-end code where those tags are read - you would not be able to get that tag to apply an effect.

As I said, you'll need an eval script to add morality to this roll's total.
Mathias is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old June 5th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Makes sense. So how do I add it then kind sir so that I get it to do what I'm trying to do.

Please guide me through writing the script. I have found the "Eval Script" button and have pulled it up. Trying to see how to put in the timing properly and get it to run the macro you suggested.

-kodama1-

Last edited by kodama1; June 5th, 2017 at 01:22 PM.
kodama1 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old June 6th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Bump

-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old June 21st, 2017, 02:50 PM
Hey there, so I still need help with this. Any word on if you will have time?

-Kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 21st, 2017, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Since your question is about how WoD works, you should really post in the WoD forum. This one is for general issues with HeroLab itself (such as install errors, or license update errors).
As Silveras said - you aren't likely to get people reading this thread who can help you. Try posting again in the WoD forum. I do note that posts there are uncommon, so there may not be many people writing stuff for WoD with HL.
Mathias works for LW, so busy as he is, I'm sure he hasn't time to check all posts in all the forums. Look up some of Shadow's references, and use the editor to look at existing abilities/scripts. Maybe you can find something already written that helps you write what you need.

Last edited by Dami; June 21st, 2017 at 06:20 PM.
Dami is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old June 21st, 2017, 08:09 PM
Again, thanks for the reply. I'll try posting this thread again in WoD if that helps. The only reason I bumped this again is the offered help.

I have tried a bit of poking around trying to find similar scripts and still am having difficulty.

Again thanks for the help,

-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 22nd, 2017, 09:50 AM
I apologize, I did not have time to respond at the time I first saw your post or when you bumped it, and then it slipped my mind to reply later on.

So, first, let me point you to an example of how to use #morality[] in a script.

On the ability tab, make a copy of "Low Clarity", and take a look at the eval script there - see how #morality[] is just used as a reference for a number in that script?

Okay, so for the script, you're going to select Effects as the phase, and 10000 as the priority. I'm afraid I can't find a good example to show you, but that should work.

The calculated roll is stored in a field called rcalcpool - "roll's calculated pool", and you want to add the value of morality to everything else in that pool:

Code:
field[rcalcpool].value += #morality[]
Mathias is online now   #17 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old June 23rd, 2017, 06:31 PM
I'll give it a shot this weekend. Thanks so much for the example. Seeing it helps.

-kodama1-
kodama1 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
kodama1

Old June 26th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Well, I can certainly tell we are getting closer.

It has now added Clarity as a checkable option in "Special Sources for Roll" which is very awesome! Thanks for that help.

However, it is not actually adding in the players level of clarity (morality) to the roll I think because of timing. I got the following error (see attached).

Please advise,

-kodama1-
Attached Images
File Type: png ErrorCapture.PNG (274.1 KB, 9 views)
kodama1 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 27th, 2017, 09:25 AM
That's not an error I can diagnose without seeing the code that created it, and remember that the phase and priority of a piece of code (listed above the text box of the actual code) is very important.
Mathias is online now   #20 Reply With Quote