Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jbearwillis

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:49 PM
It got to the logo started to do the files and crashed - in my main Pathfinder no I have no user file what so ever.
jbearwillis is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Tintros

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:54 PM
I don't think so.
Tintros is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:20 AM
For the people experiencing this crash, here's what I'd like you to try:

1) First, here's the previous version of the Pathfinder data files. If you download and import this, do you still get the crash?

http://www.wolflair.com/download/hp/...er_rollback.hl

(Close Hero Lab, download the file, then double-click to import it. When you're asked if you want to import the older game system, say "yes", and don't allow Hero Lab to download an update to it.)

2) If you still experience the crash, download and install this previous version of Hero Lab. Do you still get the crash?

http://www.wolflair.com/download/hp/...in_install.exe

Please let me know whether you still get the crash after each step above, as that'll help me figure out exactly what's going on here. I've been unable to reproduce the problem myself after multiple tests, so hopefully the links above will help get people up and running for their games at the weekend.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the inconvenience.
Colen is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Nero Shade

Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:27 AM
I am on an XP machine, I have the Community Bestiary files, and it says, "Compiling User Files" right before it gives me the same error message. This did not happen until after I had updated to the latest PF files.

I am trying your suggestion to download and install the previous version of Pathfinder.

I hope that was helpful to you.
Nero Shade is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:41 AM
I'm on Vista and the old one works fine. I got into my pathfinder file perfectly. So it has to be something in 7.7 that's is causing it to crash.

Last edited by jbearwillis; February 2nd, 2013 at 12:47 AM.
jbearwillis is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:49 AM
It was the first download that I used and all 3 of my Pathfinder are up and running, 2 of them has user files in them the other one does not.
jbearwillis is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 2nd, 2013, 12:53 AM
Hope that helped you out a little
jbearwillis is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Bigkilla

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
For the people experiencing this crash, here's what I'd like you to try:

1) First, here's the previous version of the Pathfinder data files. If you download and import this, do you still get the crash?

http://www.wolflair.com/download/hp/...er_rollback.hl

(Close Hero Lab, download the file, then double-click to import it. When you're asked if you want to import the older game system, say "yes", and don't allow Hero Lab to download an update to it.)

2) If you still experience the crash, download and install this previous version of Hero Lab. Do you still get the crash?

http://www.wolflair.com/download/hp/...in_install.exe

Please let me know whether you still get the crash after each step above, as that'll help me figure out exactly what's going on here. I've been unable to reproduce the problem myself after multiple tests, so hopefully the links above will help get people up and running for their games at the weekend.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm using win XP. I was getting the crash with the current version of Herolab and the current pathfinder files. I installed the rollback file and no longer get the crash.
Bigkilla is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Bigkilla

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkilla View Post
I'm using win XP. I was getting the crash with the current version of Herolab and the current pathfinder files. I installed the rollback file and no longer get the crash.
Just wanted to update and clarify a few things with this post.

On my win XP machine my install of Herolab was a clean fresh install, after having the issues I uninstalled Herolab and removed all files from my PC. I then tried installing Herolab many times using the new Pathfinder files and that caused the crashes upon launch. Then after installing the rollback file listed above, 7.5 I believe it worked just fine.

Now I just installed the newest version of Herolab and the newest Pathfinder files on my laptop a Win Vista machine and they worked just fine.
Bigkilla is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Delring

Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:46 AM
Works fine for me on Win 8. Brand new install and DL of data files.
Delring is offline   #20 Reply With Quote