Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2013, 02:25 PM
None of those reports include "a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible" - without knowing that, we can't reproduce these and can't fix these.
Mathias is online now   #21 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM
Well all I did was download the update and then install it after words I tried to launcher the pathfinder file and got that error. It's only does it on the pathfinder files no other game is affected.
7.6 was working fine for me, but 7.7 won't let me in to the pathfinder files.
jbearwillis is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
thistledown

Old February 1st, 2013, 02:35 PM
Tried to buy a Yak. It's showing up as... I think a hireling? Instead of an animal minion. IE: it wants me to give it class levels, and is mising is animal abilities.

Also, my PFS character still can't put the gun kit on the mule without the mule giving an error.
thistledown is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old February 1st, 2013, 02:50 PM
Disregard.

Last edited by Sketchpad; February 1st, 2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Wrong part of board.
Sketchpad is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Bigkilla

Old February 1st, 2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
None of those reports include "a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible" - without knowing that, we can't reproduce these and can't fix these.
Simply downloaded the new patch and tried to launch pathfinder...crash and error report
Bigkilla is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old February 1st, 2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkilla View Post
Simply downloaded the new patch and tried to launch pathfinder...crash and error report
Ditto.

But I did submit an error report stating tried to launch the main program and it just crashed!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
relicomo

Old February 1st, 2013, 05:40 PM
I too am having problems with today's update. Hero Lab 4.1 updates no problem. Pathfinder downloads, but will not import because the file is corrupt. Attempting to redownload does not fix this, and sometimes gets a bad access error. I have one other license which has not tried to update.
relicomo is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKilla
HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details, or you can find them in this file: C:\DOCUME~1\Vance\LOCALS~1\Temp\lwderror1684.txt

C:\Program Files\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.1a 349

major: 5, minor: 1, build: 2600, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 3, spmaj: 3, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005ab17d
Type: bad read
I have encountered this same issue (and submitted error logs) on three different systems after updating to HeroLab 4.1a and both Pathfinder v7.6 and v7.7. I encountered it on two different Windows XP SP3 systems (one licensed, one running in demo mode) and a system running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 (another licensed system). All crash when attempting to either start a fresh Pathfinder portfolio (simply choosing "Pathfinder" from the HeroLab start screen to begin a new character) or attempting to open an existing portfolio. My Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 system has no errors opening any of these portfolios (or creating new ones), and does not crash even after running all of the latest updates (though d20pfsrd's new Mythic Playtest dataset refuses to load, I assume that is a separate issue). Other datasets (such as Mutants and Masterminds 3e or the Pathfinder Beginner Box) load fine on all systems.
d20Maverick is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:53 PM
Cross post.

I have installed 7.6 on three machines.

Two Windows 7 - both run fine, with Rappan Athuk

Windows XP - Same crash as seen above.

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks for reporting the crash issue - I'm looking into this now. Is anyone getting the crash under Windows 7? Or just Vista / XP?

Edit: Also, when exactly does the crash occur? Right after you hit the "Load" button? Or does another message like "Compiling Data Files for Game System" appear first? I've been unable to reproduce the problem on any of the machines I've tried it on here, so any extra details would be very helpful.

Last edited by Colen; February 1st, 2013 at 10:31 PM.
Colen is offline   #30 Reply With Quote