Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

EdSteiner

Old August 9th, 2014, 07:41 PM
I have been doing some thinking from the long trials to add the wood elves sisters special character. I learned some neat background code snips that could solve this issue, where multiple adjustments and conditional ward saves combo's can force the system to delete/remove the value completely. Can I ask users to find such conflicts and point them out so I can start to examine the underlying code conflicts.

Last edited by EdSteiner; August 9th, 2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Typos
EdSteiner is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old August 11th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I think that this will mostly effect WoC or DoC players who use alot of Tzeentch units since they have the most WSv modifications. So again please help me locate them document them so I can solve them.
EdSteiner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old August 17th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Well progress has been made, the biggest change is that parry saves will show as 6+^, vs 6+* as they are now. This is due to the highest amount of adjusts occur due to parry save conflicting with other adjustments. By separating them this should allow the correct values to show and not cancel each other out. Hopefully this doesn't break anything and WoC Tzeentch ward saves adjustments can then correct them down by one as needed up 3+.

Still looking for others to report on wards save issues.

Last edited by EdSteiner; August 17th, 2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Typos
EdSteiner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old August 20th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I am planning on release 2.78 as a beta pre-release here only hoping that the many people who view these forums will provide me with the test candidates to see if my concept works. As well as giving a wide amount of play testing. So expect a posting in this message header tonight or AM with the URL to DL the 2.78 fileset.
EdSteiner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old August 20th, 2014, 01:50 PM
A beta version of 2.78 can by DL from here. Please test and try to break it for me

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/ctwkswyxwlfihep/WF8_2.78.ab
EdSteiner is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old August 22nd, 2014, 08:25 PM
Well either it must be working as this post count has been climbing, or nobody tried it. Either way, I am pleased and think that it just might do the trick. Anyone care to comment about seeing 6+^ vs something else? I looked at 6+) since the ')' could look like a shield but found it sort of confusing. Anyone want to chime in please do.
EdSteiner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old August 23rd, 2014, 04:12 AM
I, for one, dont care what it looks like as long as it works.
Great job on the data files and your constant upkeep of them!
Yobtar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old August 24th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Thank you very much Yobtar, that means a lot to me. I also toyed with this parry save layout and like it.... 6)+ as it looks like a shield and with the ) between the value and the plus it didn't look out of place.
EdSteiner is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old August 26th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Well since this tread count continues to climb and nobody has gone off and posted bug reports, I think then it might have worked. I will generate a new file set version number when I post the September update but will continue to improve this version so just DL it again to see if anything else broke.
EdSteiner is offline   #9 Reply With Quote