Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Zuni Technomancer

Old June 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Had severals hours of travelling time today and just clicked wild through my technomancers:

Creating, a hypothetical, paladin sprite with a rating of 16, causes HeroLab to trigger an "Complex Forms Learned: Resource unspent" validation error. At rating 16, there is no possibility to add another complex form so the error should be supressed.

The Resonance UI looks overblown if you use a not just beginner technomancer. With a native resolution of 1440 x 900 (Macbook Air) there are showing 5 complex forms, 2 Sprites and 4 Echoes. No temporary complex form was added, the technomancer has a paragon. It's a pain to scroll through my sprites. Is there the possibility to get a new tab for the sprites right next to the resonance tab? A munchkin mancer, elf with exeptional attribute: charisma, can have 9 registered and 1 compiled sprites. Not funny to scroll to a specific sprite.
Adding them to the dashboard is, to me, not really an option. Having a portfolio with 8 characters with vehicels, drones, spirits and sprites causes HeroLab to become very slow. So I supressed the listing of the "minions" as separate characters.

Basic Sprite tab:
When pushing the button "Add optional modifications for this race" there is a grey "Free Sprite" option. In the description it states in red: "Free Sprites should be created as independant characters, rather than as summoned minions". But.. there is no possibility to select "Free Sprite" at the character generation.
If I add the optional character mod anyways, the validation message remains. Very annoying. Also: the sprite automaticaly gets the stream "Cyberadept". Maybe I missed it, but I thought sprites can't choose a resonance stream.
Sideinfo: The validation error that I should add more complex forms remains in this free sprite.

Question: is there a way to supress validation messages? I've added die Quality "Day Job" to an AI (hey, AIs can get an legal SIN, so why they can't get a job and work for a SOTA nexi?)
Zuni Technomancer is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old June 26th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuni Technomancer View Post
But.. there is no possibility to select "Free Sprite" at the character generation.
Not true mate. When you create a new portfolio, in type select Sprite. This is an NPC sprite. There isn't an option for PC sprites per se but the NPC options work fine in my opinion.

I agree that spirits and sprites need their own tabs as Magic and Reasonance tabs become very cluttered very easily.
Canis is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
Zuni Technomancer

Old June 26th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Ah, missed to switch it. Thank.
Zuni Technomancer is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old July 10th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but could the size of the dropdown be widened. When using Reinforced Mounts it's really difficult to tell what one's what, and in general it's a challenge to get the right weapon on the right mount.

Also, with Drone Racks, can we have those as a container so we can specify which drone is in which?
Canis is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old July 11th, 2012, 02:05 PM
/second on the Drone Racks thing.
_Pax_ is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
cndblank

Old July 20th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I'd love to be able to use Pack kits, but all I as a GM really need to get a PC or NPC geared up is the ability to add couple of sets of gear quickly to the character. I don't care about availability or even weight. Just give me the nuyen total. Is there any way to quickly add a list of gear to a character?

Thanks
cndblank is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old July 20th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Yes, I would love to be able to pre-built various pieces and assortments of gear, and then just add them in "all at once" to various characters. Something I can do right from inside the program, without editing actual datafiles.

A tall order, I know. But I would absolutely love it.

(For example: I often buy a backpack, sleeping bag, tent, camoflage netting, and survival kit ... as a "bug out bag", run-for-the-woods-and-pray set of gear, in the event I can't go to a bolt hole but still need to disappear for a week or so. It's tedious chasing them all down, every character, individually. A one-stop solution would be absolutely lovely.)
_Pax_ is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 20th, 2012, 03:31 PM
cndblank and _Pax_, would creating a mule character work as a workaround?

Add your choice of gear to an otherwise blank character, and save that character. Then, every time you need that set of gear, use the portfolio menu...import hero from portfolio option to grab a copy of that guy, then use the bag icons on the dashboard to move his gear collection to the real character, then delete that copy of the mule?

_Pax_, I'm sorry to say that when PACKS are added, it'll serve cndblank's needs (he can just create a new gear PACK for the collection he wants), but there will be no way to add these packages without touching the editor.
Mathias is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
cndblank

Old July 20th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Thanks for a quick reply. Let me see if I can get that to work.
cndblank is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old July 20th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Hmm.. No, a mule wouldn't really work. Oh well, I can dream.
_Pax_ is offline   #110 Reply With Quote