Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lfseeney

Old January 6th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Still hoping this makes it in soon.

The ability to let one PC know something, instead of the whole party is a major need for me.

When each person can be tracked, it takes a load off my aging brain.

Some of our games get very political and being able to go back quickly and see what a player or even NPC in some cases knows would help.

Thanks for the hard work,
Lee
lfseeney is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 6th, 2015, 05:54 PM
I forgot to put this on my survey under the category of what I think is missing that should be high priority:

Many of my topics are screens long, and I want the ability to be able to link into a specific snippet within a topic, not just the topic itself. I'd envision this as a target within a web page.
Bidmaron is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 11th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
I forgot to put this on my survey under the category of what I think is missing that should be high priority:

Many of my topics are screens long, and I want the ability to be able to link into a specific snippet within a topic, not just the topic itself. I'd envision this as a target within a web page.
You can go back in and add this to your survey answers, as long as you get it submitted before the survey closes (11:59 pm PST today).
liz is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old January 11th, 2015, 01:25 PM
It has not been said enough already,
Calenders!

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old January 11th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
It has not been said enough already,
Calenders!

Bruce
Take the survey!
weogarth is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
lyobovnik

Old January 12th, 2015, 12:05 AM
I am shopping for campaign management software and just learned of RealmWorks (impressive!). I was highly interested... until seeing this incredibly disappointing thread.

If I'm understanding correctly, this is a deal-breaker which (despite all the other shinies) would clearly cast the current best alternative as the unexpected winner.

Sadly, I just missed your survey by a few moments.
lyobovnik is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old January 12th, 2015, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyobovnik View Post
I am shopping for campaign management software and just learned of RealmWorks (impressive!). I was highly interested... until seeing this incredibly disappointing thread.

If I'm understanding correctly, this is a deal-breaker which (despite all the other shinies) would clearly cast the current best alternative as the unexpected winner.

Sadly, I just missed your survey by a few moments.
Sorry to hear you missed the survey: if you're lucky, LWD might be willing to take your thoughts and feelings on board, regardless: they're a really nice bunch of folks, who want to please their customers (and make money, of course), so all feedback is helpful.

What, specifically, in that thread is a deal-breaker? Even though I champion calendars, I'm well aware of the other "big hitters" in desirable features, which are Print, Export, and Player Journals, and wholeheartedly support them all, and want to see them as soon as developmentally feasible. In fact, considering the huge job calendars might turn out to be, the ability to export topics as rtf or html might well win me over as a good first hit on expanded functionality.

So, please, expand on your comments, I'm sure it'll be worth the effort.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 12th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I'm pretty sure that printing/export will be completed soon (for some definitions of soon). Rights management and copyright protection are two major hurdles that must be resolved for the Marketplace and I'm betting that these are the same things holding back printing/export. Content developers need to be confident their rights are being looked after. So if printing/export isn't active when the Marketplace rolls out, LWD will have the stubs in place to move printing/export forward more easily.

I have a feeling that calendars and printing/export will both be sooner than we might expect. Keep the faith.
AEIOU is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 12th, 2015, 06:02 PM
I'll bet DRM nerfs printing/exporting so much no one will want it once it arrives. If you read the survey it sounds as if you can't print/export anything that is IP. Unless they have a way in the data to indicate OGL material (that the user can't change unless he created the topic), seems like there are going to be some disappointed people when print/export gets done.
Bidmaron is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old January 12th, 2015, 07:57 PM
They could imbed a digital watermark into anything purchased through the marketplace. That way they could track any illegal activity to a particular person and let the lawyers go after them. I believe that is how most PDF's do it these days.
Viking2054 is offline   #50 Reply With Quote