Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 14th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
I've tested on Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari... but all under Windows. My SO has a Mac; I'll see if I can get some time on it.
Just an FYI AncientOne but the image is also pretty close to how your sheet looks/gets displayed on an iPad using both the default Safari and a third party browser. So fixing this may also fix the iPad.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #341 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old June 14th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteran View Post
Any chance editing of the spell list could be an option for a future release?

-M
There's always a chance.

I'm just kidding, of course. I'll add it to the to-do list.
AncientOne is offline   #342 Reply With Quote
Kiteran

Old June 18th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks A1
Kiteran is offline   #343 Reply With Quote
Quinton

Old June 19th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Hi AncientOne,

I have two suggestions for your already great sheet:

First of all, I am regularly the parties treasurer and it would help tremendously if the equipment list and magic item summaries included a, perhaps optional, column stating the items gold values.

To be sure I checked the xml and the values are there, both in text and integer values.

Secondly I am playing a wizard and have all the standard knowledge skills this means that the skills section, when using the compact layout, has a very long column on the right (which holds the int, str and wis skills). Perhaps it would be nice to be able to re-arrange these so the columns are more equal.

This would allow for some more space below to put more tracked resources for instance.

Cheers,
Quinton
Quinton is offline   #344 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old June 19th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I also have a question for both AncientOne and Armidale. I have two characters who use two-weapon fighting and neither seem to print correctly on the sheets. First of all, both characters have the improved feat which gives the offhand a second attack. That's not being reflected at all.

The second part is for AncientOne. I get a message that says two weapon information isn't available even when I check the toggles for it in HeroLab. If I don't check the toggles I just get the basic primary attacks.

Is there any way to fix this?
Kinnakeeter is offline   #345 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old June 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeeter View Post
I also have a question for both AncientOne and Armidale. I have two characters who use two-weapon fighting and neither seem to print correctly on the sheets. First of all, both characters have the improved feat which gives the offhand a second attack. That's not being reflected at all.

The second part is for AncientOne. I get a message that says two weapon information isn't available even when I check the toggles for it in HeroLab. If I don't check the toggles I just get the basic primary attacks.

Is there any way to fix this?
Hmm... I'd have to experiment a bit, but I think the issue is something like this:

Hero Lab can't reflect the bonuses of the feat unless you equip the weapons in HL. On the other hand, the sheet can't determine the right values if you *do* equip them in HL. I.e., if you equip the weapons in HL, the sheet says the information isn't available.

Does that sound like what you're seeing?
AncientOne is offline   #346 Reply With Quote
Kinnakeeter

Send a message via Yahoo to Kinnakeeter

Old June 20th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientOne View Post
Hmm... I'd have to experiment a bit, but I think the issue is something like this:

Hero Lab can't reflect the bonuses of the feat unless you equip the weapons in HL. On the other hand, the sheet can't determine the right values if you *do* equip them in HL. I.e., if you equip the weapons in HL, the sheet says the information isn't available.

Does that sound like what you're seeing?
That's it exactly. I don't see that with the actual HL generated sheets, but those are too busy for me to use.
Kinnakeeter is offline   #347 Reply With Quote
FCWesel

Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
One thing I would like to see is a simpler Spellbook listing option, if at all possible. Not a chart-list, or descriptions, but something simple like this:

0-Level: Spell Name, Spell Name, Spell Name, etc.
1-Level: Spell Name, Spell Name, Spell Name, etc.
2-Level: Spell Name, Spell Name, Spell Name, etc.
3-Level: Spell Name, Spell Name, Spell Name, etc.
4-Level: Spell Name, Spell Name, Spell Name, etc.
5-Level: Spell Name, Spell Name, Spell Name, etc.
6-Level: Spell Name, Spell Name, Spell Name, etc.
7-Level: Spell Name, Spell Name, Spell Name, etc.

With the spells listed alphabetically by spell level.

THANKS!

And, great job as always Ancient One!
FCWesel is offline   #348 Reply With Quote
AkosPrime

Old July 1st, 2012, 05:08 AM
@AncientOne - just wanted to say how much I appreciate and like your sheet output. I did find one minor thing with it. Even with Character->Configure Hero->Output Options->Hide Unusable Skills UN-checked, unusable skills are not shown on the output sheet.

This shows up because I have a player who has a character with the Noble Scion:Magic feat who gets a bonus to Knowledge(Nobility) and makes it a class skill. However he has no points to put into the skill at first level. I add it to the character's Skills list though in HeroLab so it shows up in the tab, and I UN-check the option listed above (which using the normal output format causes the skill to appear on the character sheet) but with your custom format which I like so much better the skill does not show up.
AkosPrime is offline   #349 Reply With Quote
AncientOne

Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
(my 2nd attempt to reply to this... )

Thanks Akos... You're correct: The current version of my sheet doesn't use the options that you set in Hero Lab. In the next version, I intend to use those options as the default (where possible and meaningful) and allow you to override them in the sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkosPrime View Post
@AncientOne - just wanted to say how much I appreciate and like your sheet output. I did find one minor thing with it. Even with Character->Configure Hero->Output Options->Hide Unusable Skills UN-checked, unusable skills are not shown on the output sheet.

This shows up because I have a player who has a character with the Noble Scion:Magic feat who gets a bonus to Knowledge(Nobility) and makes it a class skill. However he has no points to put into the skill at first level. I add it to the character's Skills list though in HeroLab so it shows up in the tab, and I UN-check the option listed above (which using the normal output format causes the skill to appear on the character sheet) but with your custom format which I like so much better the skill does not show up.
AncientOne is offline   #350 Reply With Quote